Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
Tell me about them.
Looks like I'm gonna trade into one for a good deal.

I'm not a sniper/long range expert. I'm looking to bang steel @ 500 and under.
I've killed alot of Prarie dogs at that distance with varmint rifles when I lived in SD so I'm not a novice but nowhere near an expert.

I know I want to ditch the Houge stock. Anything like a McMillan A5 or A4 but closer to the $300 price range?

Is the trigger decent?

Planning on threading it for my Omega and I have a Leopold MK4 8.5-25x50 to go on it.

Any other essential upgrades or is this an ok turn-key tactical bolt gun?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have to just shoot it to see how it does.

Bell & Carlson or HS Precision is a good alternative to McMillan stocks at almost half the cost.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tengo1] [#2]
Awesome guns. It was my first precision bolt gun and I smoked several coyotes past 400 yards with it. I later upgraded to the SPR A3G, which is obviously a big step above.

Midwest gun works has McMillan stocks for FN bolt rifles on clearance from $199 to $399 depending on the model. The barrel channel might be a bit wide as there made for the SPR which has a heavier barrel, but the PBR will drop right in.

MGW McMillan stocks

*also, the trigger can be tuned and lightened with two small adjustable nuts on the factory trigger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ditch-Tiger] [#3]
Tango- thanks for the link, $399 for the A4 stock is getting closer to where I want to be with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top