Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2017 2:31:53 AM EDT
Stumbled across this new rifle.

My normal match gun is a RPR in 6.5 creedmoor. But was wanting a 308 for caliber limited matches. Thought about another RPR, but wanted a longer barrel.

My lgs got two of these in. It's very nice, and I think it's a great value.

It has a heavier target action, and a 24 inch barrel. A folding stock, and of course, an Ashbury chassis.

I don't know when I'll get to range, hopefully by next weekend.

Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:25:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: baco777] [#1]
I've been looking at these also. Anxious to hear how it shoots.  Is there any way to adjust the height of the cheek riser?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the street price on these?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I mounted cheapo scope to get some rounds down range.

Three shots to zero, 17 rounds near perfect. Fired 25 more rounds(mild 168smks) to get some barrel break in.

So far, I like it.

Pros- Feels well built, chassis is great. Love the super long handguard.

Cons-0moa base-really Savage Chassis has a folding stock set up that is very good, but also long. Cannot use PRS stock as length of pull would be too long.

Should have scope mounted tonight. I will burn some more standard ammo before moving to match ammo.

Continued.......
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking about trying a LUTH-AR MBA-3.  I did contact ashbury about installing one of their stocks. They are nice but expensive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
First big update.

Shot my first match on Friday. Field match with a mix of stages. (and 30mph wind)

Rifle did well, way above my shooting skills. Shot a mover with 14 moa of wind and 6 of lead

While the factory CTR stock worked, I'm switching to a XLR stock. The CTR was OK with a cheek riser and 2 pieces of foam, it has a slight wiggle that I could not cure.

Love the chassis so far. While I was not a fan of m-lok, it's growing on me. I had to move the forward sling mount and it was no problem out in the field.

Upgrades on the list.

XLR stock

30 moa base

Sig Tango 6 w/level plex? Razor HD? Steiner?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spearjunkie] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By saabdrifter:
So, I mounted cheapo scope to get some rounds down range.

Three shots to zero, 17 rounds near perfect. Fired 25 more rounds(mild 168smks) to get some barrel break in.

So far, I like it.

Pros- Feels well built, chassis is great. Love the super long handguard.

Cons-0moa base-really Savage Chassis has a folding stock set up that is very good, but also long. Cannot use PRS stock as length of pull would be too long.

Should have scope mounted tonight. I will burn some more standard ammo before moving to match ammo.

Continued.......
View Quote
I was surprised that the Stealth I just bought had a 0 MOA scope rail as well.  EGW makes nice 20 MOA for Savages and the XLR stocks are nice as well.  I put the XLR and their folder on my Stealth and it is really nice.  Razor HD are nice and you could probably get a great deal on a Gen 1 now being the Gen 2 are out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems like a nice rifle and setup, but why so much $$$? Not sure why OEM's are charging so much for plopping their $500 rifle in a chassis. Not limited to Savage at all either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top