User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
2 weeks!
View Quote
I'll bet their 2 weeks and Desert Tech's 2 weeks are quite different.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
2 weeks!
Dude, gun industry 2 weeks is pretty universal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Shipping this month!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Some are worse than others!  That list and discussion is for another rage thread.  I don't think Q has missed a time line yet.  But they have had few ones they have set so far lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:
Some are worse than others!  That list and discussion is for another rage thread.  I don't think Q has missed a time line yet.  But they have had few ones they have set so far lol
View Quote
According to email the honey badger is being built mid July and shipping of the first batch by September. That means the first batch of The Fix will be done before hand.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the same company that wanted every dollar, up front, to get your place in line for the Q.  For what?  "Quick change barrels," a straight pull bolt?  You can change barrels fairly damn quickly with most any bolt action.  As far as the straight pull goes, I simply don't care enough to risk a few G's on finding out.

Anyone who knows anything about the firearms industry knows that giving up that much dough up front on a promise of delivery is simply begging to be out every single penny of that total for an undisclosed period of time.

I bet there's tons of people who fronted half to Desert Tech, or it's vendors, for an MDR about 2 years ago, maybe even longer.  I lost count from all of the bullshit DT statements made with regards to the MDR's release, but I vaguely remember, "it'll be here beginning of January 2017" near the middle of November.  Then, at the end of January, it was, "they'll ship end of March, beginning of April."  It's now fucking June and not even a peep.

Hopefully the Q makes it out on time and is a huge success.  It would be nice to FINALLY see a firearms manufacturer, with a newly developed concept, come close to or actually hit their target release date.  I specified those manufacturers with "newly developed concepts" because there are still companies who meet their specified timelines.  Most of them, however, are not coming out with some new whizbang device, just building quality firearms.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]
The Fix is very different than most bolt actions available, and 3k for what you get isn't bad at all.

Q has started their company, made 4 rifle cans, 2 rimfire cans, a Honey Badger, and The Fix rifle....then taken The Fix to NZ and dropped half a dozen big game animals, all in the amount of time that Desert Tech has been saying the MDR is 2 weeks out. Plus, Q already has stuff shipping. Brownells has had The Fix for a couple weeks, and there's a bunch of form 3's out on their cans and even some form 4's I believe. I'd be willing to bet that if they say the rifles will ship this month, that's what's going to happen.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I did not preorder and in all fairness I'm probably not going to get one. I do hope they deliver good product and on time though. DT has set the bar so low it'll be hard to do worse. I do hope Q will set a better example for other companies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BubbasBarNGrill] [#10]
Originally Posted By FALex:
This is the same company that wanted every dollar, up front, to get your place in line for the Q.  For what?  "Quick change barrels," a straight pull bolt?  You can change barrels fairly damn quickly with most any bolt action.  As far as the straight pull goes, I simply don't care enough to risk a few G's on finding out.

Anyone who knows anything about the firearms industry knows that giving up that much dough up front on a promise of delivery is simply begging to be out every single penny of that total for an undisclosed period of time.

I bet there's tons of people who fronted half to Desert Tech, or it's vendors, for an MDR about 2 years ago, maybe even longer.  I lost count from all of the bullshit DT statements made with regards to the MDR's release, but I vaguely remember, "it'll be here beginning of January 2017" near the middle of November.  Then, at the end of January, it was, "they'll ship end of March, beginning of April."  It's now fucking June and not even a peep.

Hopefully the Q makes it out on time and is a huge success.  It would be nice to FINALLY see a firearms manufacturer, with a newly developed concept, come close to or actually hit their target release date.  I specified those manufacturers with "newly developed concepts" because there are still companies who meet their specified timelines.  Most of them, however, are not coming out with some new whizbang device, just building quality firearms.
View Quote
Well, my Full Nelson showed up last week
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By saabdrifter:

Well, my Full Nelson showed up last week
View Quote
I think I'm leaning towards a trash panda, that'll allow for a bit quicker on/off and actually allow you to run it on a rifle with 1/2x28 threads since the suppressor comes with mounts for each size and pitch. With the Nelson line it's 5/8 only, which is great for a dedicated can, but I like options.

I'll be waiting until someone like Brownells had The Fix in stock to order, then I'll decide which can I need, but I think it'll be the Trash Panda.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you guys seen the fix in person? I saw them at the NRA show and while I respect the innovations, it's not my cup of tea. It feels tiny and while uber adjustable, It comes at the cost of being a bit of a contraption. I know there's some folks who'll buy stuff to have the newest and bestest but I think it's something you ought to hold and figure out if it's really suited for your application.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#13]

I think I'm leaning towards a trash panda, that'll allow for a bit quicker on/off and actually allow you to run it on a rifle with 1/2x28 threads since the suppressor comes with mounts for each size and pitch. With the Nelson line it's 5/8 only, which is great for a dedicated can, but I like options.

I'll be waiting until someone like Brownells had The Fix in stock to order, then I'll decide which can I need, but I think it'll be the Trash Panda.
View Quote
I needed the Full Nelson for a specific purpose, precision rifle
The Trash Panda looks great too. Can't wait to try one out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By robpiat:
Have you guys seen the fix in person? I saw them at the NRA show and while I respect the innovations, it's not my cup of tea. It feels tiny and while uber adjustable, It comes at the cost of being a bit of a contraption. I know there's some folks who'll buy stuff to have the newest and bestest but I think it's something you ought to hold and figure out if it's really suited for your application.
View Quote
I'll admit to never handling one, don't really have a way to do that. I'm sure it's not your typical rifle, but it's nearly exactly what I've wanted to build for the past few years. A chassis rifle with a custom action that can be a solid bench gun but easy enough to carry for hunting purposes. I'd love to try before I buy, but that doesn't seem like an option if I want it in the next couple months.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Plus, Q already has stuff shipping. Brownells has had The Fix for a couple weeks...
View Quote
How do you know that information?  

Anyhow, I don't believe your analogy is so analogous.  Desert Tech has quite a bit of product in the real world as well.  A company that is able to produce and ship other items does not transfer to all of their items, particularly, items that are new concepts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#16]
Originally Posted By FALex:

How do you know that information?  

Anyhow, I don't believe your analogy is so analogous.  Desert Tech has quite a bit of product in the real world as well.  A company that is able to produce and ship other items does not transfer to all of their items, particularly, items that are new concepts.
View Quote
They posted this on April 11th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSv7Uill4fV/

Q has posted many pictures and videos of The Fix and they had working rifles at SHOT. Plus Kevin took one to NZ and slayed red stag at 700yds with one. They're much more transparent than Desert Tech, check their Instagram, tons of pics from inside their facility of all their products being made. The progress of everything is right there for everyone to see. Desert Tech is just continuing to lie about shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Instagram doesn't necessarily show you things that work... It's a picture that captures a moment with a caption suggesting what is going on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]

They posted this on April 11th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSv7Uill4fV/

Q has posted many pictures and videos of The Fix and they had working rifles at SHOT. Plus Kevin took one to NZ and slayed red stag at 700yds with one. They're much more transparent than Desert Tech, check their Instagram, tons of pics from inside their facility of all their products being made. The progress of everything is right there for everyone to see. Desert Tech is just continuing to lie about shit.
View Quote
lol fuck I want one bad for hunting season this year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Instagram doesn't necessarily show you things that work... It's a picture that captures a moment with a caption suggesting what is going on.
View Quote
Which is followed up by words and actions. Like other have said, suppressors are already out on form 3s and a few form 4s. They have rifles out in the field and in the hands of other companies. They're making great progress, I don't know of any other companies that announced they exist at SHOT and produce 2 brand new rifles and 6 brand new cans in the same year.

I will be getting The Fix when it's in stock somewhere, which I fully expect to be this year.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVsvPSpn0iT/
View Quote
2 weeks?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Jelly...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol, Instagram rifles.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol, Instagram rifles.
View Quote
Lol, arfcom shooters.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#27]
That is a pretty stick.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
There are videos on Q's IG account of the fix "working" as you say if that helps:
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Any bets on what hits the streets first?

The fix?
MDR?
HPA?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:
Any bets on what hits the streets first?

The fix?
MDR?
HPA?
View Quote
In this order:

1 - The Fix
2 - MDR
3 - HPA

Technically I think the HPA will be "never" but I thought I would give it a chance
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#31]
There is at least one being used at the PRS match this weekend 
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
There is at least one being used at the PRS match this weekend 
View Quote
Dang, that's awesome. So they've gotten a few out already.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#33]
That should be interesting. Hopefully they get some video out of it in action.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWV1yPxntMZ/

1st place won The Fix, and Q had a guy shoot the match with one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Dude, gun industry 2 weeks is pretty universal.
View Quote
Soooo 2 SHOT shows?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I think I'd like one in 223.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#38]
More out in the wild

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
I think I'd like one in 223.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu3_YD6c9gs
View Quote
I don't even want to see those damn things unless its one in my hands.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RePp:

I don't even want to see those damn things unless its one in my hands.
View Quote
I placed an order with Q, we'll see how long it takes. Hopefully I'm not waiting while people are grabbing them up from retailers.

HD AMG will be here next week
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]

I placed an order with Q, we'll see how long it takes. Hopefully I'm not waiting while people are grabbing them up from retailers.

View Quote
Soooooo jealous those AMGs are so light and badass. I'm going to copy you and put one on my fix when I acquire one. Light for the win.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Soooooo jealous those AMGs are so light and badass. I'm going to copy you and put one on my fix when I acquire one. Light for the win.
View Quote
I think it'll be the ultimate setup. Even the PST gen2 5-25 would be a killer choice, but over the lifetime of the optic the extra money won't be bad. Super precision mount, atlas bipod, and Lapua brass and I'll be set up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

X3!!! That would be the ultimate truck gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#46]

I think it'll be the ultimate setup. Even the PST gen2 5-25 would be a killer choice, but over the lifetime of the optic the extra money won't be bad. Super precision mount, atlas bipod, and Lapua brass and I'll be set up.
View Quote
Mine will be getting a Leupold cqbss with h-27. Hopefully I'll be getting a call before the end of the month that my Fix will be shipping. Can't wait to get it sighted in for hunting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#47]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:

Mine will be getting a Leupold cqbss with h-27. Hopefully I'll be getting a call before the end of the month that my Fix will be shipping. Can't wait to get it sighted in for hunting.
View Quote
That's awesome, let us know when it all happens. I hesitated to order mine because I thought they were taking all the money up front, but they only did that for the first 2 months. After that they did half up front. Either way, I'm in line. I'm archery hunting thus year so I won't need it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play with it already.

I'm assuming you'll be getting the 308? The cqbss is probably best suited 500yds and under.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#48]

That's awesome, let us know when it all happens. I hesitated to order mine because I thought they were taking all the money up front, but they only did that for the first 2 months. After that they did half up front. Either way, I'm in line. I'm archery hunting thus year so I won't need it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play with it already.

I'm assuming you'll be getting the 308? The cqbss is probably best suited 500yds and under.
View Quote
Yup, .308. Being in CA, I'm stuck using lead free ammo for hunting, and 6.5 was lacking in selection. The area I hunt is pretty hilly, most of the time my shots are limited to 400 yards and under.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup, .308. Being in CA, I'm stuck using lead free ammo for hunting, and 6.5 was lacking in selection. The area I hunt is pretty hilly, most of the time my shots are limited to 400 yards and under.
View All Quotes

I like the 6.5 caliber but there's nothing wrong with the  .308. I can't wait to see some dead critter pic's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#50]
So Hornady will be making ammo for it, smart move by Kevin. That could be a serious contender for Moose and Brown bear, making The Fix cover everything in North America. 300gr subsonic sounds like a lot of fun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

They did a live feed on instagram last night.. I asked about it and Kevin said  they where working with Hornaday to make the case more efficient.. and should push a 300gr subsonic and it will be designed to expand and subsonic speeds..  Also said it would be supersonic but i cant remember the bullet weights and velocity he stated
So Hornady will be making ammo for it, smart move by Kevin. That could be a serious contender for Moose and Brown bear, making The Fix cover everything in North America. 300gr subsonic sounds like a lot of fun.
I've had several. 338s on either side of the power spectrum(and each seemed overkill/one trick pony for how I could use them).  I had a. 338 Spectre upper that I used exclusively for subsonic 300gr SMKs. It was awesome...for really short range stuff... And I had an APA built 338 Lapua(20lbs) that I really couldn't utilize here on the East Coast(ive since decided that 7saum is as big/fast as I can use out here).

I've long wanted a lightweight, but precision Bolt gun in 338 Fed (and a .338 creed is just more better;  especially with the small primer pocket Lapua brass!) with a fast enough twist to do silent subs and still sling a 160 TTSX in the brush!  

I'd definitely go for a combo of the 338/6 Creed.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top