Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dodge223] [#1]
They showed you the barrel swap operation today on IG. Kevin doesn't do conventional marketing per se. If you want more info you have to ask and engage the avenues they use to gather Intel. The have done two 50 min Q&A sessions live on IG for the Upcoming HB. They will circle around to the fix. I know ther were showing the options on the fix in the end of the first IG live. He mentioned a 12" 300 blk Fix w can. He showed off the Full length, partial length picatinny and the direct attach scope mount that is as light as the partial rail. He mentioned a partnership with Proof on some barrels. I really like the clean sheet design on the fix and I think Q is going to make waves in this industry. He mentioned some DOD testing on the Fix and HB too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dodge223:
They showed you the barrel swap operation today on IG. Kevin doesn't do conventional marketing per se. If you want more info you have to ask and engage the avenues they use to gather Intel. The have done two 50 min Q&A sessions live on IG for the Upcoming HB. They will circle around to the fix. I know ther were showing the options on the fix in the end of the first IG live. He mentioned a 12" 300 blk Fix w can. He showed off the Full length, partial length picatinny and the direct attach scope mount that is as light as the partial rail. He mentioned a partnership with Proof on some barrels. I really like the clean sheet design on the fix and I think Q is going to make waves in this industry. He mentioned some DOD testing on the Fix and HB too.
View Quote
yea I was watching that and asked about the barrel change yesterday..  then of course i get a phone call !!!

So what was the barrel change like?  Like an AI? or Larue Preditober..  or more like a Ruger precision rifle
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

yea I was watching that and asked about the barrel change yesterday..  then of course i get a phone call !!!

So what was the barrel change like?  Like an AI? or Larue Preditober..  or more like a Ruger precision rifle
View Quote
They have a video on their IG.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

View Quote
Let's go shoot God's creatures with our new fix rifles then slay domestic terrorists at night with wizard eyes in the can am.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RePp:
Let's go shoot God's creatures with our new fix rifles then slay domestic terrorists at night with wizard eyes in the can am.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

wat
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
wat
View Quote
That's like cracker jive code that were going to go deer hunting with our fix rifles then shoot rabbits and yotes at night with nods in the side by side with our grendels  
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I'm down, I called in a pair of coyotes a few nights ago and popped both of them at like 50 yds with my wizard eyes. And I think I'm going to to try to hold out for the fix instead of getting a Creedmoor now, hopefully Kevin will give us a prediction soon as to when 6.5's can be bought direct.

When are your wizard eyes showing up?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#8]
That's like cracker jive code that were going to go deer hunting with our fix rifles then shoot rabbits and yotes at night with nods in the side by side with our grendels  
View All Quotes
wat
Geez, Can Am wasn't clicking for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm down, I called in a pair of coyotes a few nights ago and popped both of them at like 50 yds with my wizard eyes. And I think I'm going to to try to hold out for the fix instead of getting a Creedmoor now, hopefully Kevin will give us a prediction soon as to when 6.5's can be bought direct.

When are your wizard eyes showing up?
View Quote
I think I saw that picture, very badass. The fix in creedmoor will be like smiting shit with Thors hammer. Wizard eyes should be here in 6 weeks or so. I have everything else but tell the tubes come I'm forced to walk around with a flash light and green sun glasses....just not the same.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
yea just looked that up..  not as fast as some other things looks like the top rail will be what takes the longest..    dose peek my curiosity..    I am not buying one until there are barrels to go with it...   don't want to get stuck waiting for over 2 years like I am for my LaRue PreditOBR

Wonder what the return to zero and POI shift from barrel to barrel will be ..
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#11]

yea just looked that up..  not as fast as some other things looks like the top rail will be what takes the longest..    dose peek my curiosity..    I am not buying one until there are barrels to go with it...   don't want to get stuck waiting for over 2 years like I am for my LaRue PreditOBR

Wonder what the return to zero and POI shift from barrel to barrel will be ..
View Quote
Here's a link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSlwN6Klb7v/

As far as quick goes, it looks like less than a 10 minute video and all that held it was a mag block. The top rail is optional as well, there's an option to just direct mount scope mounts to the receiver. I think the design is amazing and I'm really looking forward to seeing them ship.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
So it's more like an AR. Not "QD", just more easily serviced?
View Quote
Exactly, which is a lot easier than typical bolt action precision rifles. Don't need anything crazy to change it yourself.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#15]

I take no issue with it either.

But I don't like the term QD if you need to rip apart the entire rifle to do the bbl change.
I
It's basically the same concept as the RPR, which IMHO should be termed "user serviceable" instead of QD.
View Quote
I definitely agree with you on that. It's not a takedown lever or 2 away from a new barrel so it isn't quick change.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
And it dose not look like you need to set the head space with The Fix  like you do the RPR   ( I may be wrong)
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#17]
And it dose not look like you need to set the head space with The Fix  like you do the RPR   ( I may be wrong)
View Quote
I believe that's correct as well. The system is nearly identical to an AR, barrel extension that is headspaced when installed on the barrel, then just slide it in the receiver and torque the nut.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah that is not QD.  I would agree with "user serviceable" as well.

My AIAT is QD as it takes under 2 minutes to swap barrels.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
it s interesting if it was between this and the Tubb Gun I'd probably go with the Tubb gun
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Beachhead0:
it s interesting if it was between this and the Tubb Gun I'd probably go with the Tubb gun
View Quote
The who?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dodge223] [#21]
I definitely agree with you on that. It's not a takedown lever or 2 away from a new barrel so it isn't quick change.
View All Quotes

I take no issue with it either.

But I don't like the term QD if you need to rip apart the entire rifle to do the bbl change.
I
It's basically the same concept as the RPR, which IMHO should be termed "user serviceable" instead of QD.
If you go with their receiver mounted scope mount you don't have to take the 8 or 9 screws out of the upper pic rail because it's missing. Then you just need to loosen the clamp nut and the retainer bolt. Then undo the barrel nut and change the barrel. It's pretty quick when you consider this rifle weighs less than a standard AR. I guess we can all find something we don't like or that's not up to the fastest in the industry. Ever gun made is a compromise somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:

If you go with their receiver mounted scope mount you don't have to take the 8 or 9 screws out of the upper pic rail because it's missing. Then you just need to loosen the clamp nut and the retainer bolt. Then undo the barrel nut and change the barrel. It's pretty quick when you consider this rifle weighs less than a standard AR. I guess we can all find something we don't like or that's not up to the fastest in the industry. Ever gun made is a compromise somewhere.
View Quote
I posted that info in the same post as the video link

The process doesn't bother me at all. If I ever need to change calibers I know the 10 minute process won't be a problem, I don't need it to be a quick change.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#23]
The who?
View All Quotes
The who?
this, David Tubb s new gun

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Looks like the old Tubb2000.  I had one and loved it, but sold it and everything I owned made by MCM many years ago.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#25]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Tubb-Gun-660x370.jpg
View All Quotes
The who?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Tubb-Gun-660x370.jpg
interesting. So where can I buy a new production Tubbs rifle?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Brownells got a Fix today for testing. Said they're working on getting more to stock and sell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]
It s supposed to come out any time now.  if you look at his website you can checkout some of the features it looks interesting

David claims it is the most accurate rifle he's ever shot, which if true is saying something.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Brownells got a Fix today for testing. Said they're working on getting more to stock and sell.
View Quote
Every time I see a video about it I'm like I'm going to own that fucker one day...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Every time I see a video about it I'm like I'm going to own that fucker one day...
View Quote
I'll race you

I'm gonna hold out for it so I hope it comes out this year. I'm actually toying with the idea of getting the Vortex HD AMG for it, we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]

I'll race you

I'm gonna hold out for it so I hope it comes out this year. I'm actually toying with the idea of getting the Vortex HD AMG for it, we'll see.
View Quote
Funny that's what I want to put on it. Nice and light for the win.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Funny that's what I want to put on it. Nice and light for the win.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Jut got a Full Nelson from Q

Now I need a Fix to put it on
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Like it just happened who are ya kidding.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I am still trying to make up my mind what to sell...   I don't know if selling my PreditOBR is realy an option lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#35]

I am still trying to make up my mind what to sell...   I don't know if selling my PreditOBR is realy an option lol.
View Quote
That's always an option. My buddy just traded his PredatOBR for a SCAR.

I'd much rather have The Fix than a tOBR. I'm thinking of selling a kidney or two.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Is it June yet? I can't wait to slay some hogs with The Fix.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:
Is it June yet? I can't wait to slay some hogs with The Fix.
View Quote
Did you pre order? I'm really hoping they're shipping to distributors before fall hunting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Did you pre order? I'm really hoping they're shipping to distributors before fall hunting.
View Quote
I have a deposit down with a dealer that preordered a few, so I should be receiving mine in the first batch.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#39]

I have a deposit down with a dealer that preordered a few, so I should be receiving mine in the first batch.
View Quote
That's awesome, did you have any choice on caliber or barrel length? I've heard it was just 16" 308 but I'm unsure of what dealers are doing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#40]

That's awesome, did you have any choice on caliber or barrel length? I've heard it was just 16" 308 but I'm unsure of what dealers are doing.
View Quote
I could choose between .308 or 6.5 creed. I went with .308 and I'm planning on grabbing a Proof 6.5 barrel eventually.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:40:28 AM EDT
[#41]

I could choose between .308 or 6.5 creed. I went with .308 and I'm planning on grabbing a Proof 6.5 barrel eventually.
View Quote
Interesting, I'm hoping to grab a 20" proof 6.5 complete rifle. But I'm unsure of anyone taking orders like that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Q said all rifles will ship with Bartlein barrels. So it looks like if you want a carbon fiber barrel you'll have to buy one seperate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know of dealers that are taking deposits?  I can't find any shops here in Vegas that have even heard of the company, let alone are set up with it.  I'd love to get in line sooner than later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Andielouroo:
Anyone know of dealers that are taking deposits?  I can't find any shops here in Vegas that have even heard of the company, let alone are set up with it.  I'd love to get in line sooner than later.
View Quote
Isn't that ironic? It debuts at SHOT, which is where?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Seems like a lot of their marketing is a customer direct model which is common for smaller setups. It will be interesting to see what kind of wholesale pricing structure is built into this thing. That will have a big effect on who picks them up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Check gunbroker. Last time I looked, there was someone taking deposits on some.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Seems like a lot of their marketing is a customer direct model which is common for smaller setups. It will be interesting to see what kind of wholesale pricing structure is built into this thing. That will have a big effect on who picks them up.
View All Quotes
Everyone wants their 40%.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Better than the normal 6-10%
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Q says the rifle will be shipping this month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4PAyfFRrT/
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Q says the rifle will be shipping this month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4PAyfFRrT/
View Quote
2 weeks!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top