Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

Exactly...I'm pretty disappointed in Q. They should know Creedmoor kool-aid is so tasty right now.
View Quote

Dont stress what ya cant control. Be patient and well get one in creedmoor. The dude from Q is ridiculously smart and I have faith he has a method behind his madness.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RePp:

Dont stress what ya cant control. Be patient and well get one in creedmoor. The dude from Q is ridiculously smart and I have faith he has a method behind his madness.
View Quote

Says the guy that already has a Creedmoor

I'm going to start acquiring new Lapua brass when it comes out and get a PST gen 2 for it so I'll be ready to roll when they decide to release it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Says the guy that already has a Creedmoor

I'm going to start acquiring new Lapua brass when it comes out and get a PST gen 2 for it so I'll be ready to roll when they decide to release it.
View Quote

I have hundreds of rounds of hornady brass saved for ya when your ready for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Pre-order information is up: Link
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Pre-order information is up: Link
View Quote

Am I reading it right that you have to pay the full amount up front for the pre-order?

If so f&$k that.  After almost being screwed over by Browe a few years ago I don't play that game anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

Am I reading it right that you have to pay the full amount up front for the pre-order?

If so f&$k that.  After almost being screwed over by Browe a few years ago I don't play that game anymore.
View Quote

That's how I read it. I was expecting in the half range. I think I may now hold off for that 20" 6.5 CM and give this time to "simmer." I've been on fire here recently and need to let things cool down. Gives me time to do my research.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I could see 25-50% but 100% is just stupid for a completely unproven rifle that very few people have even handled much less shot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:44:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: roamin] [#8]

View Quote

So Q's broke and asking for interest free loans from their customers in order to go into production.

I was really into your rifle Q but now I'm thinking maybe you should take your rifle and shove it and maybe I should wait for your competition to go into production on a similar product. It always scares me to buy from companies who show signs of being under capitalized makes you wonder what corners are being cut. Not to mention how unprofessional it is for a company to be asking for large cash advances from their customers. Sucks because I really like this rifle, oh well somebody else will make a better version eventually.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By roamin:

So Q's broke and asking for interest free loans from their customers in order to go into production. How embarrassing for them!

Stirke one!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So Q's broke and asking for interest free loans from their customers in order to go into production. How embarrassing for them!

Stirke one!

Honestly, that is generally what I think of when I see full payments required on pre-orders.  It probably isn't the case but it just strikes me as odd when companies do that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#11]
I think all rifles are shipping this summer (pre-order and the release in general). The pre-order is probably financing a significant portion of the cost to make the production run for this release.

I would have strongly considered it at $1k to 1.5K as a "layaway" or interest free financing option with paying the balance before it ships. But paid in full up front on a mystery hurts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: roamin] [#12]
I could see 25-50% but 100% is just stupid for a completely unproven rifle that very few people have even handled much less shot.
View Quote

I could see 1/4-1/3, but 100% is indeed stupid. How much would it cost one us to go to the bank and take out a business loan and they're offering nothing as a thank you for the customers who send them a $2, 795 interest fee loan on an unproven design. I really like the fix but this puts a terrible taste in my mouth about Q.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#13]
And just like that, people jumped off the "Fix" bandwagon.
I do agree that it's asking quite a bit for all that scratch up front, but I don't believe it will hurt them eventually. They will wind up still selling the hell out of these.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:20:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#14]
Originally Posted By SilenceThis:
And just like that, people jumped off the "Fix" bandwagon.
I do agree that it's asking quite a bit for all that scratch up front, but I don't believe it will hurt them eventually. They will wind up still selling the hell out of these.
View Quote

Yep.  New company and a full price preorder with no guaranteed ship date.  No thanks.

Maybe he shouldn't of bought that Lamborghini.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#15]
New company, thas has never brought 1 single rifle to market

New rifle design which is unproven

No guaranteed commitment on ship date

Asking for 100% deposit $2, 795

Doing nothing to say thank you to those who take the leap of faith. Not throwing in a range bag, a limited edition rifle color scheme, an in store coupon, or a rebate program, nada.

The rifle's cool but it ain't that cool.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Quintin] [#16]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#17]
New company, thas has never brought 1 single rifle to market

New rifle design which is unproven

No guaranteed commitment on ship date

Asking for 100% deposit $2, 795

Doing nothing to say thank you to those who take the leap of faith. Not throwing in a range bag, a limited edition rifle color scheme, an in store coupon, or a rebate program, nada.

The rifle's cool but it ain't that cool.
View Quote
The deposit and caliber is kind of a bummer, but one of the guys who had a lot to do with the project came from AI.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:45:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KC-ROUGHNECK] [#18]
My guess is they know SOME people wanting 6.5 will bite on the .308 anyways AND buy a $900 6.5 barrel.  Also, part of the marketing strategy is the weight. 16" thin .308 weighs less than 20" heaviER 6.5.

They say "not this year" to any 6.5 gun questions. So 2018

I wanted to get in to some PRS club series matches this year but I don't think I can be competitive with a 16" .308???

A discount offer on a 6.5 barrel with a preorder would be nice...but still out of my price range.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
My guess is they know SOME people wanting 6.5 will bite on the .308 anyways AND buy a $900 6.5 barrel.  Also, part of the marketing strategy is the weight. 16" thin .308 weighs less than 20" heaviER 6.5.

They say "not this year" to any 6.5 gun questions. So 2018

I wanted to get in to some PRS club series matches this year but I don't think I can be competitive with a 16" .308???

A discount offer on a 6.5 barrel with a preorder would be nice...but still out of my price range.
View Quote

That is a good point.  It is still a pretty light weight looking design, but in match settings mot guys are running 24-26" barrels as a heavier contour.  It will still be light when compared to pretty much everything on the market that has similar ergonomics.  Most chassis systems are pigs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm interested.
I will not be a early adopter though, I'll wait for some reviews from end users.
6.5cm was added to the preorder list....
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By smb980:
I'm interested.
I will not be a early adopter though, I'll wait for some reviews from end users.
6.5cm was added to the preorder list....
View Quote

People still won't pony up 100% of the cost. But when this gun arrives at distributors, they will sell like crack rocks in downtown LA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Pre-ordering is such a gamble IMO, just look at video games as an example. Patience is what I'll practice but I hope good things for this rifle. In the Instagram live feed, they stated that larger bolt handles were possible because it's so easy to change.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Any news on this lately?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Preorders are over/filled and they raised the MSRP to $2999.

I wish they would open preorders up again
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#25]
250 dollar bump is worth it to ensure production comes on line smoothly, first user bugs are worked out, etc.

the last rifle i preordered was the original OSR (now OBR), and i didn't put anywhere near 100% down. 
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#26]
They're sharing a lot of awesome pics on IG, and most of them are in the Creedmoor configuration. Funny how he won't offer it right away, but they're using it and not 308.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#27]
They're sharing a lot of awesome pics on IG, and most of them are in the Creedmoor configuration. Funny how he won't offer it right away, but they're using it and not 308.
View Quote
Can't generate hype coming in 50th at matches.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
View Quote
Indian not the arrow and all that nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Preorders are over/filled and they raised the MSRP to $2999.

I wish they would open preorders up again
View Quote
there was never a doubt in my mind that would happen
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Sell out the preorders
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Lol, sure.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#33]
reminds me of the MDR from desert tech 2500-2700 for pre -orders then they wanted more money for pre-orders a few months later for new customers, guess they paid for the machines and tools and materials at desert tech to produce the MDR which still has not see the light of day. production kept being pushed back on delivery dates.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By skullzer02:
reminds me of the MDR from desert tech 2500-2700 for pre -orders then they wanted more money for pre-orders a few months later for new customers, guess they paid for the machines and tools and materials at desert tech to produce the MDR which still has not see the light of day. production kept being pushed back on delivery dates.
View Quote
I got tired of waiting and got my money back. They're ridiculous. I really good Q doesn't pull the same shit, but I don't think they will. They're being a lot more open about what they're doing. I'm still very interested in their Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Offered in 338 creedmoor..

WTF is 338 Creedmoor?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
Offered in 338 creedmoor..

WTF is 338 Creedmoor?
View Quote
Combine 338 federal and 6.5/6 creedmoor into one cartridge so you can have the ultimate uber tactical mall ninja approved space ship door gunner round.

Do you even mall ninja bro?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Details?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RangerJoe11:
Details?
View All Quotes
Details?
It's a shot at the .308.

The highest placing .308s in a big match are 50th or under, unless someone got extremely lucky.

There's a reason Ruger brought out the RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor, .243 Winchester, and 6mm Creedmoor. And the .308 as kind of "oh, here's this one too."
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a shot at the .308.

The highest placing .308s in a big match are 50th or under, unless someone got extremely lucky.

There's a reason Ruger brought out the RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor, .243 Winchester, and 6mm Creedmoor. And the .308 as kind of "oh, here's this one too."
View All Quotes
Details?
It's a shot at the .308.

Gotcha.

Thought someone may have used it in competition already.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]
http://liveqordie.com/product/rifles-by-q/the-fix-by-q/

So what is this .338 Creedmoor they have listed as a chambering?   .338 shoved in a .308 case?  and google is not producing much results ether..
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#42]
http://liveqordie.com/product/rifles-by-q/the-fix-by-q/

So what is this .338 Creedmoor they have listed as a chambering?   .338 shoved in a .308 case?  and google is not producing much results ether..
View Quote
338 Creedmoor doesn't even make sense since 338 Federal is already a thing. And a pretty much failed thing too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#43]
What about a 338 stuffed in a 300WSM case? since they say they are also offering a   300WSM..      

Or is a 338WSM already a thing ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
What about a 338 stuffed in a 300WSM case? since they say they are also offering a   300WSM..      

Or is a 338WSM already a thing ?
View Quote
Yup 338 wsm is already out there. I'm guessing it's an error or a joke.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Not an error or a joke apparently. I emailed them and they said info would be out later on it.

Needs more creedmoor... where the fuck is my 270 creedmoor? I have a bunchance of berger projo and no more 270win
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#46]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
Not an error or a joke apparently. I emailed them and they said info would be out later on it.

Needs more creedmoor... where the fuck is my 270 creedmoor? I have a bunchance of berger projo and no more 270win
View Quote
Weird....so just a higher shoulder than 338 federal I'm guessing. Other than that it's gotta be identical performance.

Fuck, I can't wait for a 30 Creedmoor. That's gonna be a killer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Wow, what a phenomenal gun. It's going to be extremely tough to decide between the MPA in 6.5 or the Fix in 6.5

The price is a huge draw but I'm gonna have some homework to do
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Weird....so just a higher shoulder than 338 federal I'm guessing. Other than that it's gotta be identical performance.

Fuck, I can't wait for a 30 Creedmoor. That's gonna be a killer.
View Quote
They did a live feed on instagram last night.. I asked about it and Kevin said  they where working with Hornaday to make the case more efficient.. and should push a 300gr subsonic and it will be designed to expand and subsonic speeds..  Also said it would be supersonic but i cant remember the bullet weights and velocity he stated
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#49]

They did a live feed on instagram last night.. I asked about it and Kevin said  they where working with Hornaday to make the case more efficient.. and should push a 300gr subsonic and it will be designed to expand and subsonic speeds..  Also said it would be supersonic but i cant remember the bullet weights and velocity he stated
View Quote
So Hornady will be making ammo for it, smart move by Kevin. That could be a serious contender for Moose and Brown bear, making The Fix cover everything in North America. 300gr subsonic sounds like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I just purchased a Bighorn TL3, which has the interchangeable bolt heads so that you can easily swap cartridges.  So what does this rifle do that, say, a Bighorn TL3 couldn't do cheaper in the long run?  I'd like to see the quick change barrel system myself.  Is it quick change like the AI's have?  I see the rifle is 6lbs, but that is with a 16" barrel, and the information provided does not indicate the barrel's contour, which happens to be a significant piece of information.

Here's the breakdown on my recent build: Bighorn 1250, barrel with chambering, threading and brake at 400.00, KMW Sentinel with bells and whistles at 1500.00, Bix'n Andy trigger at 250, and a sick cerakote job for 200.00 which totals out to 3600.00.  Sure, it's 600.00 more than the Q, BUT you get every single component that you desire, and once you have paid for that Bighorn, the extra bolt heads are 125.00 and then you can get new barrels (chambered) for 600.00, which is 300.00 cheaper than Q barrels (if that 900.00 price was accurate).  Furthermore, these barrels can be sourced from a multitude of vendors, you don't have to rely on just one manufacturer.  It will be interesting to see how long people will have to wait for their spare Q barrels. Lastly, I did not see .223 in the list of chamberings.  I strongly believe they should offer a .223 chambering for their barrels, but what the hell do I know?

I just re-read my post and it comes across like I am railing on this Q rifle.  I do love seeing innovation in this industry, I truly do.  However, asking for full price up front, while not informing of some rather pertinent details (barrel details, how the barrel change system works, expected delivery dates, I don't even know the degree of the bolt throw from their description), is somewhat ass-chapping.  I am hopeful that they can get some of these out to folks who can truly vet them.

I hope they come out with this rig and it is something that is absolutely, fucking epic, magical.  What I don't hope for is all of this marketing hype and then be left feeling like I was Desert Tech'd (my new term for being strung along, vis-a-vis Desert Tech's MDR "we are going to deliver next month" horseshit).
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top