Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
So what's the source for mags with the most room for longer COAL for The Fix?
View Quote

KAC and Larue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dyezak] [#2]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:

KAC and Larue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TeeRex:

KAC and Larue.

Do you have the actual #'s on those mags?  I'm not seeing it on the Larue or KAC sites.

ETA:  Found this on another site:

I called Larue this afternoon and asked what length of COAL the Larue LT762-20RD magazine can reliably handle. The answer was 2.860".

I found a quote from MFINGAR in the archives here that stated 2.870" as well.  But still not finding anything on the KAC mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

All I can find right now is ASC or KAC but the KAC are $.

Here is a link for more info...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/653141_Who_makes_a_good_metal_10_round_SR25_magazine_.html
View Quote

So questionable quality for reasonable price, or know quality for insane price. Sure would be nice to have an in between there. $120 for a 10rd mag is a little out there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand the fascination of taking the things that make an AR15 harder to fire accurately consistently and using them to replace the things that make a bolt gun easier to shoot accurately and consistently.  Here's your new precision bolt gun, complete with no stable resting surface fore end and extra long error inducing lever pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be nice if LaRue did a 10rd mag with an option to block it down to 5. OR has a capacity limit while game hunting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Do you have the actual #'s on those mags?  I'm not seeing it on the Larue or KAC sites.

ETA:  Found this on another site:

I found a quote from MFINGAR in the archives here that stated 2.870" as well.  But still not finding anything on the KAC mags.
View Quote
I only have a couple larue ones and that is accurate, but i've heard the KAC is a touch longer.  using good mags is going to be a key to using some of the better high BC bullets, especially in 6 and 6.5 offerings.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dyezak] [#7]
It would be nice if LaRue did a 10rd mag with an option to block it down to 5. OR has a capacity limit while game hunting.
View Quote

There are tons of SR25 mag blocks out there that should fit Larue mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I don't understand the fascination of taking the things that make an AR15 harder to fire accurately consistently and using them to replace the things that make a bolt gun easier to shoot accurately and consistently.  Here's your new precision bolt gun, complete with no stable resting surface fore end and extra long error inducing lever pistol grip.
View Quote

Considering who was key in designing this thing I think they know exactly what they're doing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]

There are tons of SR25 mag blocks out there that should fit Larue mags.
View Quote

I'll have to look into that, a solid 10rd mag for less than $100 would still be nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RePp:

Considering who was key in designing this thing I think they know exactly what they're doing.
View Quote

Trying to make me go broke? It seems to be working so far.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Trying to make me go broke? It seems to be working so far.
View Quote

But it will be happy poverty and thats what matters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:53:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#12]

View Quote
Not questioning the designer.

Questioning the market for these designs.  ETA:  What specifically is improved by a Ruger Precision Rifle or Whiskey Chassis or AI AX type over something shaped like a Manners T5 or an AICS II (other than possibly weight?)

I get wanting keymod/magwhatever to put the lights and lasers and stuff on.  Don't get why they need to do it with a round bottom.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#13]
It may not check all the boxes for everyone, but it's very innovative and something that is different from all typical bolt actions out there. It's blending everyone's favorite black rifle, with the positives of a bolt gun.  And this is just the beginning, this rifle might trigger a new wave of bolt gun innovation.

They're trying to make bolt actions great again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#14]

Questioning the market for these designs.  ETA:  What specifically is improved by a Ruger Precision Rifle or Whiskey Chassis or AI AX type over something shaped like a Manners T5 or an AICS II (other than possibly weight?)

I get wanting keymod/magwhatever to put the lights and lasers and stuff on.  Don't get why they need to do it with a round bottom.
View Quote

All true. I think the really neat thing about the stock is how light it is and I guess the attachment system they use on their rails. I cant say I really notice a difference when shooting off a barricade using my bolt guns with manners and KRG setups vs my ar15. I do like a narrow hand guard when shooting offhand. None of this matters though since I shake like Michael j foxx after drinking a case of red bull.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]

All true. I think the really neat thing about the stock is how light it is and I guess the attachment system they use on their rails. I cant say I really notice a difference when shooting off a barricade using my bolt guns with manners and KRG setups vs my ar15. I do like a narrow hand guard when shooting offhand. None of this matters though since I shake like Michael j foxx after drinking a case of red bull.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dyezak] [#16]

View Quote

Not sure if serious...but I'll go with it.  You do realize you don't have to have a round bottom when you have a modular forend right?  You can add whatever combination of baracade stops, flat sections, hand stops, etc that fits you, your shooting style and the particular match you are shooting.  OR if you use it for hunting, get rid of all the gun game accessories and put a RRS Arca-Swiss adapter on it and latch your rifle directly to any universal arca-swiss tripod.  

You can change a thin round modular fore-end to be fat and flat.  You can't take a fat flat forend down to thin and round.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

That's why I'm going to use the manners with the MPA system in it, but variety is a good thing.  There are so many different chassis and platforms on the marketing and coming to market there is something for everything.  Manners typically are far lighter than any chassis system. 

Q managed to to really keep the weight down which is impressive
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#18]
According to their Instagram, The Fix should be available in June.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:
According to their Instagram, The Fix should be available in June.
View Quote

Keep going through their instagram.  There is a hidden gem of a comment in there from earlier in the week
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Keep going through their instagram.  There is a hidden gem of a comment in there from earlier in the week
View Quote

Looks like I might be placing an order next week after Shot
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

VERY limited...and you have to look over the pics posted and go to the "other" instagram to see the other half of the message.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm curious for the reasoning behind not having the top rial be integral to the receiver. Just so you can change the angle of it? I bet a 20moa would fit most people's needs and should add a good amount of rigidity to the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#23]

VERY limited...and you have to look over the pics posted and go to the "other" instagram to see the other half of the message.
View All Quotes

Sounds confusing. I'm fine with waiting until June
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mathecb:

They were originally and the CTR can still use TRG magazines. However, Sako decided to put a plastic plate on the bottom of the CTR mags so that they would no longer work with TRG mags. CTR mags are around $90-$100 while most places are charging $200+ for TRG mags. You can get them for around $180 or cheaper if used.

No, not to my knowledge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

I thought CTR and TRG 22 mags were identical.

They were originally and the CTR can still use TRG magazines. However, Sako decided to put a plastic plate on the bottom of the CTR mags so that they would no longer work with TRG mags. CTR mags are around $90-$100 while most places are charging $200+ for TRG mags. You can get them for around $180 or cheaper if used.

Originally Posted By jlficken:

It's not the Alpha Mag guy is it?  I sure hope not.

No, not to my knowledge.

Ah- thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm curious for the reasoning behind not having the top rial be integral to the receiver. Just so you can change the angle of it? I bet a 20moa would fit most people's needs and should add a good amount of rigidity to the receiver.
View Quote

One of the videos from shot show explains it. It has to do with the ability to run without a rail at all for an ultimate light weight set up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#26]

One of the videos from shot show explains it. It has to do with the ability to run without a rail at all for an ultimate light weight set up.
View Quote

So they will be selling some other type of ring mount maybe?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#27]

So they will be selling some other type of ring mount maybe?
View Quote

That and short mini rail sections were mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GTO_Kroh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1VQIcsHSAI
View Quote

So only the 16" 308 will be available at first? That sucks, I hope the Creedmoor is close behind.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#32]
This rifle looks like the ultralight short action 6.5CM I've been holding out for. Less than 6lbs!
I can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
Preorders start in seven days, according to a post on Q's Instagram. 

I kinda wanna hold out for the 6.5 Creedmore model. 
View Quote

Price on reserving a spot?

I'll definitely wait for the 6.5, and I would be willing to bet they sell more 6.5's than 308's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
6.5 rifles available next year, but 6.5 barrels available when shipping in June.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#35]
6.5 rifles available next year, but 6.5 barrels available when shipping in June.
View Quote

I can't understand that logic, they have 6.5 barrels, and rifles. Make a 6.5 rifle and sell it.

That's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#36]
This rifle has my attention.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#37]

I can't understand that logic, they have 6.5 barrels, and rifles. Make a 6.5 rifle and sell it.

That's ridiculous.
View Quote

Right? I want a 6.5, but I may just bite the bullet and get both since I have so much .308 lying around.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I'll pick up a .308 to start and then will entertain a different barrel down the road.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Right? I want a 6.5, but I may just bite the bullet and get both since I have so much .308 lying around.
View Quote

I created an IG account just to ask them why. I have zero desire to own this rifle in 308, but desperately need it if it's a Creedmoor. The fact that they have the barrels and aren't offering it shows that they want to squeeze more money out of people. They want guys like me to buy a 308 and add on a $600 barrel.

Doesn't make any sense if Kevin really wants to please his customers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep, sign me up for a 22" Creedmoor once this rifle has been put through its paces.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep, sign me up for a 22" Creedmoor once this rifle has been put through its paces.
View Quote

20" or 22" is cool with me, but just sell me a Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Quintin:

Dunno. I kee watch Instagram and Twitter like a hawk, haven't heard any dollar figures yet. 

I'm ready to buy, but I really want a 6.5 
View Quote

Gotcha, I'm not 100% ready to buy because I just splurged on a pvs14 and an atpial, but I'm willing to throw some down to reserve a spot. 6.5 only though. Still haven't seen a response to my question on IG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#44]
From them....only 308 will be available this year, but barrels will be available from $400- $1000 depending on manufacturer. They mentioned using Proof barrels, so it sounds like they'll have plenty of options after a bit.

Still pretty butthurt they won't offer a Creedmoor right now. I halted on doing a t3x CTR Creedmoor build in favor of The Fix.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#46]
From them....only 308 will be available this year, but barrels will be available from $400- $1000 depending on manufacturer. They mentioned using Proof barrels, so it sounds like they'll have plenty of options after a bit.

Still pretty butthurt they won't offer a Creedmoor right now. I halted on doing a t3x CTR Creedmoor build in favor of The Fix.
View Quote

Well, I on the other hand did my 260REM T3 CTR build last summer/fall.  So I am in need of a 308 .  I'll probably be one of the ones to pre-order a .308 and get a proof 260REM barrel later.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Well, I on the other hand did my 260REM T3 CTR build last summer/fall.  So I am in need of a 308 .  I'll probably be one of the ones to pre-order a .308 and get a proof 260REM barrel later.
View Quote

I think this is my plan. I'm embarrassed to say I don't own a serious bolt gun nor a .308. This rifle gets me excited and I think .308 would be the best for my entry into precision bolt guns. Later down the road I can transition into more performance driven calibers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I think this is my plan. I'm embarrassed to say I don't own a serious bolt gun nor a .308. This rifle gets me excited and I think .308 would be the best for my entry into precision bolt guns. Later down the road I can transition into more performance driven calibers.
View Quote

Do it right and get the creedmoor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:04:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Do it right and get the creedmoor.
View Quote

Exactly...I'm pretty disappointed in Q. They should know Creedmoor kool-aid is so tasty right now.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top