Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2016 5:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52]
I will be running my Winter DM/Long Range Course.  We had a blast last February.  Winter DM Course Feb 2015

For those that are interested, this will be 2 Days, 1 Night.  Both days will focus on shooting at distances anywhere from 200-800yds, weather dependent.

You will get a lot of opportunities to shoot in real conditions in real terrain, and various steel targets all over a unique landscape that exceeds what any other range complex I have seen has to offer.

For those that have been, they can confirm what I am saying, in that it's impossible to really convey what a great range complex it is.

In every one of these pics, we are shooting at steel targets across a small ravine/canyon with vertical cliff edges on our side in front of us.

Rifle: Scoped rifle that will shoot ~ 1 MOA, zeroed, with a rifle checklist done on it, especially base/rings with appropriate and balanced torque and thread locker.
Round Count: 300 rounds of quality ammunition, capable of 1.5 MOA or better
Course Fee: $400
Special Items: Bring good cold weather gear and provisions for 6600 ft elevation in Rocky Mountains

This is a great course for working on practical hunting marksmanship in real terrain, while also seeing what the actual capabilities and limitations of your rifle/optics/mount/ammo system is.

Bonus survival instruction will include expedient winter shelter, fire building, optimum layering of clothing and sleep systems, ground insulation, and related skills.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.

I did this class during the spring a couple years back and it was awesome. The Price range is one of the best I've been to. Between the 1000 yard steel range and the ravine it's perfect for learning a DMR platform terrain I'd actually use one in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the weather is going to be nice,  dang.....

Was hoping for February in the mountains of Utah.  It's been more like spring lately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
So we had some of the most pleasant weather you could ask for, oh well.

Had a great time.  Videos and pics will be updated as they come in.  I have a few I filmed through the spotting scope.

Here is a fellow forum member engaging 18" steel plates from a rooftop position from 200-500yds with his SCAR-17 spitting the 155gr AMAX.  In this drill, he is practicing dialing for each elevation change.  Optic was NF 2.5-10x42 MOA.  I'm filming through the spotting scope with an iphone.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Another angle from the video above.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top