Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2016 12:14:40 PM EDT
I just saw this.  Not sure how I missed it.

2015 Competition Dynamics Report

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
How important is shooting vs land nav for scoring well? How much shooting is there vs walking around? How many unmanned checkpoints were there? What unique challenges were present? (That I wouldn't find anywhere else?)
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
How important is shooting vs land nav for scoring well? How much shooting is there vs walking around? How many unmanned checkpoints were there? What unique challenges were present? (That I wouldn't find anywhere else?)
View Quote

Shooting vs. Land Nav:  Land Nav is weighed more heavily by a wide margin.  If you can't land nav, you won't make it to any of the shooting points, and the distances covered are pretty extreme.

A lot of the checkpoints are unmanned, with paper punchers and stamps or verification codes.

I'll list just a few of the events from 2014:

Poncho raft construction and water crossing.

Escape from POW camp.

Lock picking

Decoding

Force on Force challenges with non lethal weapons

ID, assemble, place into operation, and engage steel targets with foreign weapon

Tire lift (giant tractor tire had to be overturned a certain number of times)

Log carry

And then of course, there is shooting.

USMC Scout Sniper Instructor and Force Recon Veteran with 6.5 Grendel

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top