Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2015 5:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoser]
Starting January 2015 Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn and Pikes Peak Practical Shooters will host the Precision Field Rifle Match. 8:30 start time and a 12:00 start time. $10 per entry. 3rd Saturday.

All centerfire calibers from 223 - 300 Win Mag are legal. 3200 fps speed limit. No bullet weight restrictions.

No tracer or steel core ammo allowed. If a magnet sticks to it, leave it at home. You will not like the $500 fine for using the above and I wont like my targets getting torn up.

5 shots per string off sticks. 90 seconds.
5 shots per string off pack/ruck. 90 seconds.
5 shots per string prone. 30 seconds.
5 shots per string to be revealed at match. 30-90 seconds. Expect 55 gallon grums, VTAC walls, weak shoulder, ect.

Two divisions. Semi-Auto and Bolt/Manual Action.

Start position for all strings will be bolt closed for most strings, however the start position could vary. When the buzzer goes off shooter will engage all five targets. Hit or miss the shooter will advance to the next target. Like the prairie dog matches of days gone by, only hits count. There is no penalty for misses. Shooting late or not shooting will result in a penalty. Targets will be shot in order, large to small except on the prone string where you start on the small target. This will make things easier on the Range Officer and Spotter. If a target is shot out of order there will be no penalty, however only the first attempt on a target is scored.

Each string is 5 shots that will be shot twice for a total of 10 shots per position. Total round count is 40.

Shooting sticks may have one, two or three points of contact and saddles may be used. You may not be any lower than sitting.

While shooting off a pack, no part of the rifle may touch the ground. You may use a rear bag of some sort.

While shooting prone, a bi-pod or tri-pod may be used.

The "Position of the month" details will be given at the range on match day and will vary from month to month.

If you can not comply with a shooting positions criteria, you can shoot it however you want but hits will only be worth half (5 vs 10 points) value.

Slings will not be required, but could be very helpful.

Distance for all targets will be 300 yards. Approx target shapes and sizes will be
10 inch round or diamond
8 inch round or diamond
6 inch round or diamond
4 inch round or diamond
3x5 or some other wickedly ugly target
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictured is the position of the day.  A simulated rooftop.  Shown is some foot placement and different ways of using three different bi-pod and bags for support.  

Also pictured is bus driver and his new 6 Fat Rat (6 Grendel ackley) shooting off his tripod.

The new AA Targets 1/3 scale coyote targets were a hit.  In fact, three of us got all cocky when TommyTwoDogs threw down the gauntlet and triple dog dared us into head shots when shooting off packs.  I was happy when my gas gun with a 16X scope was able to connect.  In fact, all three of us made the hit.  I will claim the marginal ear shot and give the solid hits to TommyTwoDogs and Offgrid.  It turned out to be a tougher target than I thought.  Lots of available scoring area but lots of places to miss.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Coolest niece ever.

Position of the day in Sept was from inside the 4 wheeler trailer.  Only one bag allowed inside with you.

A few different ways to do it.  Below is my niece hitting 9 out of 10 with a 223 bolt gun.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoser] [#3]
For the Oct 2015 match we upped the accuracy requirement by making the small target a 3 inch diamond at 300 yards.

The position of the day was seated on our quad using a pack for a rest and only one other bag for support.  No bi-pods, no sticks.  Straight up shooting.

My awesome niece shot my Bighorn 223 Ackley and beat up on a lot of dudes in the process.

We also had a Ruger bolt gun in 243 show up and do quite well.

One dude was not scared by a cast on his left foot.  Showed up and shot anyway.

Next Sunday, Tactical Rifle.  Be there.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
That dude in the first pic have socks on with his sandals?????

Otherwise, cool pics and I'm sure a really fun and challenging event.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: psdavi01] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nick710:

Otherwise, cool pics and I'm sure a really fun and challenging event.
View Quote

Tactical sandals, and you're giving a pass on the flip-flops in pic 3???  
Oh yeah, looks like a fine event!!!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nick710:
View Quote

Yeah, he aint right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top