Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2017 5:44:19 PM EDT
Wife loves my 10/22  ( with Tac-sol barrel, Timney trigger, nice Bushnell 2-7 scope on it). She has claimed it as hers but given me permission to get a new one. I've got a 1300 bucks budget, I've already got a 455 CZ that I love, but a badass .22 semi is missing. I'm leaning toward a KIDD  or KIDD super match l(do their non match barrels do as well as their match barrels?), but not sure if there is anyone else in the "laser straight shooting" club that I'm not aware of.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark IV™ : Competition
Model 40112
22 LR - Rimfire Pistol
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kidd with the extra light trigger and heavy SS barrel. Shoots 1/2"-3/4" @ 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm putting together a rifle using all Kidde parts except the barrel, I went with a Feddersen 16.25" fluted, threaded barrel

Their reviews are right up there with Kidde at a slightly lower cost. 

If Feddersen made a blued receiver, I would have used it, but since they don't I have a Kidde coming in.

The nice thing about the Feddersen receiver is that it comes with an integral picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
1300 for a .22? You can't be serious.  You can buy 2 .223's for that!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traderjac:
View Quote
I'm sure that someone could buy 2 smart cars, OR ONE porshe 911... which one will make them smile more when using it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#6]
I paid almost that much just for the iron sights on mine.  Ditto for the price of the stock.  Did I mention the price of the scope?  

That snarky comment is pure "General Discussion".  The author makes no point and apparently has nothing to contribute.  Neither do I,as the OP asked about semiauto rifles.  

I hated my 10-22.  It was inaccurate and nothing would make it better.  This was in the era just before the aftermarket developed and made the 10-22 what it is today.  I sold that hunk of junk.

Later I bought a "real" rifle (Remington Model 37) and have since purchased another "real" rimfire rifle based on an Anschutz 1813 barreled action.  Both are seriously excellent.  

Unfortunately, I am not (but I try hard).
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Kidd Ultra Light Barrel from before they started fluting them. They are lazers. 25yds it's a single hole gun with CCI SV.

Right now I'm trying to find some ammo that holds a tighter group at 300yds. I have almost everything on a factory ruger receiver. Having played with the kidd two stage, I think I like the single stage drop in better. Kidd's two stage is not like a geissele, it's not bad per say, but I wasn't left impressed
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By trollingpoptart:
I have a Kidd Ultra Light Barrel from before they started fluting them. They are lazers. 25yds it's a single hole gun with CCI SV.

Right now I'm trying to find some ammo that holds a tighter group at 300yds. I have almost everything on a factory ruger receiver. Having played with the kidd two stage, I think I like the single stage drop in better. Kidd's two stage is not like a geissele, it's not bad per say, but I wasn't left impressed
View Quote
I'm having good grouping with Wolf Match Extra, it is made on the same lines in the same plant as SK in Germany, if you order a case it comes in a Lapua box.  It's good ammo for the money.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
I used to have an anschutz 1710D hb, those sell for around 2K now I think. When I bought mine I got a steal of a deal for under 900 in 2003. I should have never sold that rifle. With cci green tag it was one hole groups at 50yd, and most of those holes weren't that ragged or cloverleafed at all. The factory target that came with it was no bigger than a pencil hole. To each their own. I've got over 1000 in my ar not including the 500 I have in the scope and mount. Ya I could build one for inder $500, but it would more than likely be a 2-3moa gun.  Some people have a barrett 50 with a schmitt and bender pm2 on it, why??? Who cares.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a kidd lightweight 16" threaded barrel on my 10/22 in a magpul hunter stock. It's a hunting / yard varmit/ plinking rifle. It shoots 1/2" at 50yd with some kinds of cheaper ammo. I've tried all in my stockpile, about 21 different loads.  I have not tried any really good ammo yet though. Until I got the barrel, there was no reason to get green tag, eley, sk, wolf match, etc. 1/2" with cci sv, win white box, fed automatch not complaining. The worst groups were 3/4 7/8", and I can't remember what they were.

I would love to get a kidd supergrade. Everything I have seen or read has said they are the best of the semi auto 22s. A kidd receiver with rear tang, kidd trigger, and a lilja barrel sounds appealing too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
I'm sure that someone could buy 2 smart cars, OR ONE porshe 911... which one will make them smile more when using it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm sorry but a 10/22 is not a Porsche
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NotanATFagent:

I'm sorry but a 10/22 is not a Porsche
View Quote
No, but a kidd supergrade or a volquartsen are no 10/22. Its like harbor freight vs mac or snapon. Ive got $200 in the 10/22, $300 in the barrel, $140 in the stock. It's a nice shooting rifle at $640+. The difference between my rifle and the supergrade are mistly fit and finish. It maybe a 1/10th inch or so better groups. It would look like a work of art. It would run smoother. It would better than my diy trigger job that is about as good as you can get with a ruger trigger. It is what you want out of your rifle. Is it worth the money to you?  A $100 marlin is good enough for some people's uses  it shoots well enough to kill squirrels and is cheap enough that you don't mind taking it out in the rain or letting it live in the back window of your truck. It has a definite purpose in this world, so do beautiful tack driving riggs. Less people are going to justify the cost though. I like nice things, but I usually stay around mid grade to justify the $ vs what it does for me and my budget.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Coble9:
I like nice things, but I usually stay around mid grade to justify the $ vs what it does for me and my budget.
View Quote
I have found the cost of the firearm to be trivial in the long run.  The cost of travel, ammo and (occasional) lodging swamp out any cost difference between a good firearm and an excellent firearm.  

This is also true of optics (scopes and iron sights).  Especially true for scopes.  An excellent scope can be shared across multiple firearms making the cost fairly low compared to buying multiple, lower performance scopes.

Why struggle trying to make a mediocre firearm perform when you can buy one that will out-shoot your skills?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

I have found the cost of the firearm to be trivial in the long run.  The cost of travel, ammo and (occasional) lodging swamp out any cost difference between a good firearm and an excellent firearm.  

This is also true of optics (scopes and iron sights).  Especially true for scopes.  An excellent scope can be shared across multiple firearms making the cost fairly low compared to buying multiple, lower performance scopes.

Why struggle trying to make a mediocre firearm perform when you can buy one that will out-shoot your skills?
View Quote
I'll agree to this, but sometimes I make the choice to have something really good instead of never having something that is perfect. Some stuff I do save up for to get something great. I do not wast my time and money on things I know I will not like. I have no desire to have an ak. If I was a prepper I would want one. I want to save up for a precision rifle after I get a 7.62 suppressor. I know the rifle will take years to save up for, but I want a 1/2 moa gun. If I miss I want that to be all me, the rifle is better than I am.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
It got here!!! and it is DEFNITLY NOT a 10/22. the action has ZERO slop in the bolt when you push on the bolt handle, and the trigger is easily the best I own. Cant wait till sunday when I get a day off to play with it. (got glass, but my budget was blown so PA FFP 4-14, vortex rings)
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
It got here!!! and it is DEFNITLY NOT a 10/22. the action has ZERO slop in the bolt when you push on the bolt handle, and the trigger is easily the best I own. Cant wait till sunday when I get a day off to play with it. (got glass, but my budget was blown so PA FFP 4-14, vortex rings)
View Quote
Hey can I borrow that sometime?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:25:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fsjdw2] [#17]
@Mach it definitely ain't a rusted shotgun...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

So ammos use for testing was , AGM Aquila match top left ;, federal gold medal matctop right, federal auto match white box bulk pac center, k, federal HV match lower left, , cii standard velocity bottom right.

Duplicated for testing purposes, 100 meters, resting on a makeshift bench, me shooting, 4-14 primary arms for scope, so I'm going to feed it federal HV match.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]
@Mach it definitely ain't a rusted shotgun...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/216165/IMG-1222-244990.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/216165/IMG-1224-244989.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/216165/IMG-1225-244988.JPG

So ammos use for testing was , AGM Aquila match top left ;, federal gold medal matctop right, federal auto match white box bulk pac center, k, federal HV match lower left, , cii standard velocity bottom right.

Duplicated for testing purposes, 100 meters, resting on a makeshift bench, me shooting, 4-14 primary arms for scope, so I'm going to feed it federal HV match.
View Quote
lol

rusted 12 gauges still work on people and bears though
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#19]
nice rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top