Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 3:07:17 PM EDT
I know this is a .22LR forum, but I can't find a .17 specific one.

My Marlin XT17VR is not locking up properly, and I think the bolt handle interface has moved. If anyone has this rifle and can snap some pictures of the bolt handle/bolt interface for me (specifically the distance between the the little scallop cut and the locking block) as well as the safety side of the recivier the handle drops into. I would be greatly appreciated.

As for the problem I'm having, it appears the bolt is not fully seating forward. There are no obstructions on the front end, the firing pin is intact. When I fire normally, there is no impact on the round. When I push the bolt handle forward about 1/16" there is normal ignition. I am unable to find directions to disassemble the bolt to try to remove/replace the bolt handle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea about that rifle, however, I wholeheartedly recommend you go to RimFireCentral.com and post in the Marlin forum.  

They WILL know.

Marlin Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top