Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2017 5:37:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking about adding a 10/22 to the stable but the Savage rifles look good too.  If Ruger, should I start with the basic and add/replace parts as I go or spend more upfront?

Is Savage <=> Ruger?  I know there are lots of aftermarket parts for Rugers, what about Savage?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
everyone needs a 10/22
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a Savage Mark 2.

It will be set up as a trainer for my hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2ANut] [#3]
Everyone needs a 10/22. And everyone needs a bull barrel Savage Model 93.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2ANut:
And everyone needs a bull barrel Savage Model 93.
View Quote
I have two Savage Mk II rifles with the heavy varmint barrel, one is a .17m2 and the other is in .22lr. They are great shooters and go well with my Savage Model 12 heavy barrel in .308
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
you're looking at a semi-auto vs bolt argument.  Decide which you prefer and that'll settle it for you.

personally,  I own Ruger 10/22's, (several),  have 2 savages, FVSR's in Tacticool stocks, and my new toy, a CZ Precision trainer,  along with a couple American Rimfire 8334's.

in your shoes I'd go Ruger 10/22. The savages are nice, and they can be very accurate, but the aftermarket on ruger just *kills* the savage, and the magazine selection is  in another league.

The savages are nice but those little tin'y stamped finger cutting crap magazines really hold the system back, mostly be being cheap looking and feeling, and hanging out the bottom of the gun and looking goofy and getting hung up on stuff on the bench. The 10/22 can be flush with the 10 round, or have a 15 or 25 or 50 round mag hanging off it.

get a 10/22,  get a basic model and buy Kidd parts as you can,  trigger, barrel, bolt and you'll have a tack driver rifle.

I'd avoid the takedown, I got a takedown cause it's cool as hell, then I put a tactical solutions barrel in a hogue stock but it's not accurate at all.  I embarassingly, didn't even think of the forearm being hung off the barrel and putting AnY sort of pressure on it makes it shoot bigger groups than a fixed barrel/forearm.

just an FYI.  they're cool but not accurate with that detachable barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top