Posted: 1/30/2017 8:58:42 PM EDT
Sightron SIII SS 6-32x50 LR MOA
KIDD Bolt Handle
KIDD Guide Rod & Spring Kit
KIDD .22LR Bolt
KIDD Two Stage Trigger
KIDD .22LR Bolt Buffer
KIDD .22LR Black Tapered Rifle Barrel 20"

I have two stocks setup on free floated one not free floated.

Float

No Float

Going to test tomorrow.
What's your bet on which one will win?

Testing at 100 yards with this ammo:

Any bets on which will win?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just shot a bunch of Norma Match .22 on Saturday in my Ruger American Rimfire,  at 25 yards they were little tiny holes about double the width of a .22 shell.  that's good ammo. At least in my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a factory 10/22T with the heavy barrel and the wood laminated stock.
Stock was mostly free float with a little wood pad at the front of the fore end.
It shot decent from the factory but in a effort to get better I sanded the pad away and gave it a try as a free float.Shot pretty lousy so while at the range I tore some cardboard from a box of ammo and stuffed a couple of layers under the front of the barrel and tweaked the stock screw. Instant tack driver.
I have replaced the cardboard several times in the last ten years or so but it shoots great so I don't mess with it

If you look on Rimfirecentral.com the recomended set up was to drill a hole part way into stock under the barrel and stuff a spring into the hole so you get more or less constant upwards preasure aganist the barrel. This fix was some years ago , not sure if it the hot set up still

At any rate I expect the free float will not be the best method
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Got really lucky almost no wind from daybreak till 11:00 am.
Wood stock is not floated. Plastic stock is floated.

All shots at 100 yards.

Shot the inital groups with SK Std+.

Pick the winner!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top