Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2016 10:31:03 AM EDT
Folks,

Looking for a good entry level .22 that is reliable and can use for the Appleseed Project.

Marlin 795
Remington 597
Ruger 10/22

Something easy to work on that won't break the bank.

Maybe get some recommendations for optics / sights / ammo -

I know they recommend the tech-sights.

I have an old .22LR Remington bolt action single shot that will not fit the bill for this.

Also a lot cheaper to shoot than 5.56

Thanks in advance for any info.

JJ
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy call, ruger 10/22. Perfectly fine out the box.  If you desire to upgrade it down the road, endless options and easy to do.  The mag selection for it is also very nice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MateFrio] [#2]
I've done 3 appleseeds

Marlin or Ruger.

Tech Sights are great.

4 magazines, a sling and a ground mat and you're good.

If you do want a scope you'll need one with adjustable objective to correct for parallax down to 20 yards.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#3]
Ruger American + Tech Sights.

Maybe play with the stock screw torque. Off the bench, the two I've tried were 1-1.5 MOA, but with sling tension it opened to about 3.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top