Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2016 10:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonprox700]
After recently plunging into the NFA world via Form 1 suppressor, I'm hooked.  Especially after running subs in my CMMG 22AR.  I'm planning on doing a 4"ish build to keep everything subsonic (bulk stuff anyway).

Here's what I'm planning for my build;
Beyer 4.75" Ultralight 1:16 twist barrel
7" BCM KMR Alpha
Spare upper I have laying around
Dead Air Mask (in jail right now)

Intended uses for this rig will be blasting at steel, paper, tin cans, poppers, and whatever else I feel like destroying with cheap bulk stuff.  I'd also like to be able to punch tight groups in paper from the bench, and it'll see a lot of use for small game.  It'll probably be slung across my back while I carry my shotgun for grouse.

I do have a few questions about them however.

1. Are they worth the price over a TACCOM or CMMG?
2. Does the aluminum hold up?  I've heard different reports about liners/sleeves moving after being bumped hard (other companies, none from Clint)
3. Will Beyer's 4.75" barrel keep the bulk stuff sub-sonic?  I see CMMG uses 4.5" and TACCOM uses 4".

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bulk ammo from my Ruger MkI's 5.5" barrel made a nice crack. Same ammo from a 22/45 (4"?) still made a crack.

The entire barrel is made from aluminum? Hm...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556hollowtip] [#2]
I have Beyer's 4.75" on my dedicated upper.  No complaints.  Fairly accurate.  Thats with a 2MOA red dot on top. I have not put an actual magnified scope on it yet and seen what it can do, but would not be surprised if I got around an inch or two at 50yrds.
As far as suppression goes, it's varying on what kind of bulk and temp for me.  
I will get cracks at lower Temps, like around 20 degrees or lower.  I shoot mainly Federal Auto Match thats in the 325 box, American Eagle Red box and sometimes Federal Blue box.  
I have better luck not going super with the Match and CCI standard velocity as they are lower FPS.

ETA, there are probably more people with experience owning his barrels over in the AR15 subforum rimfire/pistol calibers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#3]
Why do questions about a "blasting" rig with a 4" barrel show up on the Precision Rifles forum???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top