Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2016 7:06:56 AM EDT
There's a 200 meter range within easy driving distance but a good 1,000 meter plus range will be an hour's drive away (city dweller problems).  So, I want a "real" RPR but with everything else going on in my life I wouldn't get to really wring it out that often.  

I'd get a lot more use out of a precision .22LR and there's definitely a market for bench-rest only .22s.  Ruger needs to put their American Rimfire in an RPR chassis and print some more money, because I'm pretty sure they would sell every one they make.  

Is anyone else waiting for one of these?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
In the same boat here... the 22 only range is 5 minutes away. The rifle range a half hour away goes to 100 yards and sucks. I don't even know anywhere I could go to stretch further than that, so clearly not close. I'm building up my savage MK II currently with bipod, real scope, can, etc. All the practice of long range with cheap ammo. it's fun and I'm sure helps, but I understand it's not "real" training for crazy distance though.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of good match rifles in rimfire out there.
Anschutz and so forth.

New they are crazy money but if you look hard the used ones are out there . Not so much in the regular shops , Unlike a centerfire that might be shot out as a match rifle in a 1000 rounds or less the barrels of a match rimfire can be good for 10 or 20 thousand rounds.

Ask around at ranges and clubs that run rimfire match leagues for high school aged kids and adults

New Anschutz will be $2000-$3000 depending on stock type and then you could be talking $500 for good iron sights or $1000 for scope and mounts.

A perfectly good older used rig might be $800-$1600 ready to shoot depending on type,condition and optic

Anschutz will have a trigger that will be in a totally different class from anything that comes with a ruger or can be fitted to it aftermarket.

Once you get serious about rimfire you start spending serious money for serious top end Eley , Lapaugh or RWS ammo ( would you believe 40 cents a round?)
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a Remington 40X rimfire in a Accuracy International Chassis.

Works for me.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#4]

They have been available for years.  The RPR is just a rip-off of these designs.  Go look in the photo thread and you will see several variants.  These two are on pages 2 and 3, respectively.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Here ya go.  Not a RPR, but...

https://mdttac.com/lss-22-chassis-system.html

LSS-22 Chassis for Rimfire Bolt Action Rifle

Details
   LSS-22 system adopts the exact same footprint as the LSS
   Only for .22LR caliber
   Every 22 chassis has V-shaped bedding and free floating fore-end*
   Manufactured out of billet of 6061-T6 aluminum finished with Cerakote, FDE or Black
   Designed for collapsible AR-15 buttstocks
   Each chassis is designed to use action’s OEM magazine.
   Each chassis is compatible with all versions of its model (e.g. all Match 54 Anshutz are accommodated by our 1712 chassis)
   Chassis with iron sights have been accounted for and can be used properly
   Every action utilizes a recoil lug.
   11.5”-14.75” Length of pull. (based off Hogue stock)
   The Ruger American has EOM parts that the action sits on which fit into the chassis

Compatibility
   Ruger American
   CZ 455
   Browning T-Bolt
   Savage Mark II
   Anshutz Match 54
   Anshutz Match 64
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CajunRebel:

Details
   Only for .22LR caliber
   Manufactured out of billet of 6061-T6 aluminum finished with Cerakote, FDE or Black
   Each chassis is compatible with all versions of its model (e.g. all Match 54 Anshutz are accommodated by our 1712 chassis)
   The Ruger American has EOM parts that the action sits on which fit into the chassis

Compatibility
   Ruger American
   CZ 455
   Browning T-Bolt
   Savage Mark II
   Anshutz Match 54
   Anshutz Match 64
View Quote

Hmmm...thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#7]
Originally Posted By CajunRebel:

Details
   Only for .22LR caliber

Compatibility
   Ruger American
   CZ 455
   Browning T-Bolt
   Savage Mark II
   Anshutz Match 54
   Anshutz Match 64
View Quote

I wish they would do one for the Marlin Bolt actions. They said they would if they got enough requests. My Marlin XT22VR is one of the most accurate rifles i have ever handled, and that is in the cheap POS synthetic stock.

I also wish they would do a LSS-XL version as well, which they said they also might do if they get enough requests.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:56:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#8]
Originally Posted By whoanelly:
There's a 200 meter range within easy driving distance but a good 1,000 meter plus range will be an hour's drive away (city dweller problems).  So, I want a "real" RPR but with everything else going on in my life I wouldn't get to really wring it out that often.  

I'd get a lot more use out of a precision .22LR and there's definitely a market for bench-rest only .22s.  Ruger needs to put their American Rimfire in an RPR chassis and print some more money, because I'm pretty sure they would sell every one they make.  

Is anyone else waiting for one of these?  
View Quote

Fuck no.  Buy a CZ, Rem 541T, Kimber,  or an Anshutz.  Lots of tackdriver rimfires out there without asking for Ruger to polish a turd. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#9]
Originally Posted By Hoser:

Works for me.
View Quote

Now that is sexy and deserves it's own thread.  Do you already have your own thread?  We needz detailz. 

ETA:  thanks for whoever worked and made possible my first posts with my EGA displayed under my avatar.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:17:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerbender] [#10]
Would be great at a decent price point.

They would have to put a better barrel on them than most everything else they have produced in 22cal LR.

I been looking at Trainers and all the offerings and heading toward a CZ.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
cz455 in a KRG chassis please
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I did the ruger build once or twice. Made some great shooting ones. But why go an  OEM Ruger precision rimfire when I can build a cz455 up just the way I want it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:45:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat] [#13]
Originally Posted By Hoser:

Works for me.
View Quote

Nice rifle!  now I'm gonna go be poor somewhere else

OP,  I too wanted the same thing you did. Then I stumbled on the CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer.

I'm. In. Love.  Just get one of these. You'll love it.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I just want an RPR in .223 for that reason.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I got a CZ455 and put it in Mcrees Precision chassis. Fun bolt gun to play at short yardage range. This stock CZ will consistently make 3/4" 5-shots holes @ 50 yds with Wolf and SK Std.  Had a few groups into the 1/2" category but pretty hard to repeat for me. Not too funny but the chassis costs me the same as the gun itself

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
@whoanelly
OP, you had the right idea. Ruger just came out with a 22 LR version just like you asked for.

It looks interesting because the articles on it state that the barrel can be changed with an AR barrel wrench, like a RPR, and that the bolt throw can be set to duplicate a short action throw. These would be great features for a trainer (at least the bolt throw part) so you can practice the same handling as on a full size rifle.

FWIW, I recently got a CZ 455 with the Tacticool stock, and that is a very nice rifle also. Mine is shooting well and I like it. The expensive and lightly constructed magazines are a minor inconvenience.

But I do wish that when companies made a 22 bolt action, they installed a full size bolt handle, instead of the usual scaled down rimfire handles. Sure, the rimfire actions usually need much less force to open, but for adults shooting these rifles, it is not like their hands automatically become smaller when they shoot a rimfire. Otherwise, I like my rimfire rifles.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/30/ruger-precision-rimfire/
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Brian252:
@whoanelly
OP, you had the right idea. Ruger just came out with a 22 LR version just like you asked for.

It looks interesting because the articles on it state that the barrel can be changed with an AR barrel wrench, like a RPR, and that the bolt throw can be set to duplicate a short action throw. These would be great features for a trainer (at least the bolt throw part) so you can practice the same handling as on a full size rifle.

FWIW, I recently got a CZ 455 with the Tacticool stock, and that is a very nice rifle also. Mine is shooting well and I like it. The expensive and lightly constructed magazines are a minor inconvenience.

But I do wish that when companies made a 22 bolt action, they installed a full size bolt handle, instead of the usual scaled down rimfire handles. Sure, the rimfire actions usually need much less force to open, but for adults shooting these rifles, it is not like their hands automatically become smaller when they shoot a rimfire. Otherwise, I like my rimfire rifles.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/30/ruger-precision-rimfire/
View Quote
I'm looking forward to the first range reports.  Looks like I'll be buying two Ruger products in 2018-this and their new 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruger certainly knows how to burrow into my wallet here lately!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I put a 10/22 in the MDT XSS Chassis when they had their 50% off Black Friday sale.

Its a meh so far. Can't tell that their NV adapter rail will actually work with the barrel profile (reviews say that it will not). I had to improve the fit with masking tape at a few points. I've got a full size XSS-XL, on a .308. It is a better setup, but MDT needs to fix their pricing. By the time you get their scope, a real NV rail, and a stock, you're not too far from something vastly superior like an AI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top