Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 3:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: purehavoc]
Remington 540 X Target , This one has a Lyman Super Target 20X on it . Im not 100% sure of the date but Im going to say its mid to late 70's ? Anyone have info on this sweet rifle?
No its is not for sale. Sorry

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one at one time with Redfield sights, very accurate, adjustable trigger that could be taken down to ounces, an excellent budget prone rifle when slung correctly.

You should be able to shoot sub 1/4 MOA groups with various brands of .22 match ammo,
if you do your part of course.

Mine loved Wolf Match Target, FGMM and Eley Club Xtra .
They all shot extremely well, you should be happy with your 540X.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The remington 540 series rimfires have the fastest lock time of all the rimfire series they ever put out. That makes them excellent choices for off-hand/silhouettes.

Was playing around several years back with a 540x. On another website they have a game where the object is to put 20 shots in a 2" circle (black) or better yet in the inner white of the target 1 1/2"'s. While not extremely hard by any means, it's easy enough to throw 1 shot in 20 if the shooter isn't paying attention.

Anyway, grabbed the 540x and some targets and blammo ammo and headed to the range for an enjoyable day of shooting off-hand. This is just 1 of the targets I shot that day.

Ya, I know. Everyone normally posts cherry picked targets with bugholes shot in them. Figured I'd post something a little different. Namely playing with a 540x and blammo ammo @25yds and ended up with a 5/8" average for 20 shots shooting off-hand with iron sights.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3221:
On another website they have a game where the object is to put 20 shots in a 2" circle (black) or better yet in the inner white of the target 1 1/2"'s.

...playing with a 540x and blammo ammo @25yds and ended up with a 5/8" average for 20 shots shooting off-hand with iron sights.
View Quote

Is the shooting supposed to be at 25 yards?  Any other rules?  Is it taboo to state the site?

No matter, that's good GREAT! shooting, especially offhand.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

Is the shooting supposed to be at 25 yards?  Any other rules?  Is it taboo to state the site?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Originally Posted By 3221:
On another website they have a game where the object is to put 20 shots in a 2" circle (black) or better yet in the inner white of the target 1 1/2"'s.

...playing with a 540x and blammo ammo @25yds and ended up with a 5/8" average for 20 shots shooting off-hand with iron sights.

Yes I was playing around @ 25yds with blammo ammo. I find shooting off-hand relaxing so I shot a bunch of it. Well not a bunch, probably 10,000+ pulls of the trigger a year with several different rifles.

The game is over on rimfirecenteral.com

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231987

Anyway fast lock times ='s easier to keep on target.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Go find a local club that shoots NRA Light Rifle
All off hand at 50 ft with sporter type rifles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top