BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 7:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ACPjunkie]
dghjkgtukg
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw in your GD post that suppressors were required.  That is an odd requirement, why?  Private property that is not an official shooting range (whatever that means)?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Basically, the host doesn't want his neighbors getting sick of the shooting. 

But it was nice not having to wear ear pro for a whole day of shooting. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
How many shooters participated in the match?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]
15 shooters I think? 2 squads with a shotgun start had things running pretty good. This wasnt a sanctioned match, just a outlaw match but several of the shooters and all the RO's and such are PRS guys. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like fun.  The can thing would bother me, I love suppressors, but they don't deal with recoil as well as a brake does for positional shooting. 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
With a good position I could typically see impacts, obv with some of the barricade stuff it was more difficult. 
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Barricade shooting is where the metal meets the meat. My first time I was hooked. Once you learn to fill in the gaps with pillows and pads and how to use a PRS sling you find out how nasty stable you can be from a nasty unstable looking position.

Keep going man. You'll only like it more.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
Barricade shooting is where the metal meets the meat. My first time I was hooked. Once you learn to fill in the gaps with pillows and pads and how to use a PRS sling you find out how nasty stable you can be from a nasty unstable looking position.

Keep going man. You'll only like it more.
View Quote
It is fun especially making hits from odd positions.   I find myself and many other shooters not using a sling much if at all and actually cutting back on the number of bags used to build positions.  Lots of innovation happening right now. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#9]
picked up a PRS type bag at a Gibsons while I was traveling this past week. I'll start working out some positional shooting methods and hopefully be more stable next go around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top