Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 8:28:01 PM EDT
Looking at a 24 inch bull barrel for an AR10 in 6.5 creed.  Guy says that it was made by DPMS but I can't find where they ever made one like that.

So....does anyone know if they did?

Also while I'm at it - the DPMS barrels are generally pretty good, right?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They still do. You should be able to find a complete rifle by googling. I would imagine it is a take off.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jbirdious:
They still do. You should be able to find a complete rifle by googling. I would imagine it is a take off.
View Quote
Ah, found it!

That's where I was going wrong.  I was looking for barrels and didn't even think about looking at complete rifles.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem glad you found it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Midway sold them 2014, non fluted and fluted, I was on a waiting list and they sold out in hours as I remember. Just put it together a couple months ago. I am very pleased.

This DPMS 24" Stainless Steel Target (SST) LR-308 Fluted Bull Barrel is fully chambered and ready to install on an upper receiver. It sports a well-executed Recessed Target Crown for muzzle protection and enhanced accuracy potential, while its additional length and heavy bull contour moves extra weight to the front end of the rifle for faster shot-to-shot recovery, decreased perceived recoil and less muzzle flip. Full length fluting to the front and rear of the rifle-length gas port adds surface area for quicker cooling and increases the barrel's stiffness. This barrel is chambered for 6.5mm Creedmoor, and uses a button rifled 1 in 8.5" Twist rate that is capable of stabilizing a wide variety of bullet weights and profiles. A great choice for use in a dedicated target rifle build, the barrel comes complete with a factory-installed barrel extension and locator pin.
$257.54 (Birthday price)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top