Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hornady 140 ELD-M
Hornady 147 ELD-M
Hornady 143 ELD-X (Hunting)
Prime 130
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Winchesters 140 g match.  Hornady is great, but I have found the Winchester to be cheaper and 1/2 MOA\single digit SD in two different rifles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DirtDivision] [#3]
me and @finslayer83 are having really good luck with the Hornady American Gunner loads, 140GR ELD.

Ammo
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
me and @finslayer83 are having really good luck with the Hornady American Gunner loads, 140GR ELD.

Ammo
View Quote
Cheaper Here but oos at the moment.

Also bought here

Ordered 300 rounds here last week Yet another place
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hornady 120gr AMAX or ELD-M is not to be overlooked either.

It is flat as sin, very minimal Time of Flight.

I spotted for a guy last week shooting it from his $350 Ruger American with a Silencer Co Harvester on it, and I was surprised at how well he did.

He had zero LR experience, and was slaying steel all day long like it was a video game.

His trace was like watching a laser vapor trail next to .308s.

He was doing much better than some very experienced shooters who had way more expensive rifles and optics, who were much better shooters than him in leaps and bounds.

At the end of the day, they couldn't connect with their small targets at 700yds in the shifting winds, while he got bored with hitting his over and over.

The arguments about barrel life, costs, etc. take lower priority to me if we are talking about actually connecting with the target.

Zero LR experience shooter + $350 Ruger American plus cheap garbage PA scope + Hornady 120gr ELD-M = hits all day in shifting winds

Exceptional LR shooter + $1000 .308 rifle + chassis + FGMM + Zeiss optics = 0/10 on popper at 690yds with my wind calls even, and he was fast on the shot after the call, very good dude

If I could take the 2nd shooter with the 1st shooter's CM, he would be threading the needle all day long with my calls.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top