BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 7:32:49 PM EDT
thanks,
john
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of their rifles and another one on the way.

They are very professional, make a top of the line product, and are widely used amongst professional shooters.  

I think it boils down to how serious you want to get into shooting.  There are a lot of factory rifles out there that can shoot 1/2 MOA, maybe even less for less money.  I think before anyone goes purchasing one of their rifles they need to try to get behind a lot of different setups to get a feel, and do lots of researching on caliber selection.

I love my current gun which is a custom Thunder Ranch that I target shoot with and hunt with. My new one on order is a custom hospitaller to get more into competition. I think my latest build was priced at $4,800 'ish' and a 10+ month wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Love to hear some thoughts on the Gladius.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:32:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Desperado] [#4]
FlyingBrass and Jkbulldogg here ya go . . .

Copied from Precisionrifleblog.com ref Chris Kyle's favorite rifles:
http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/01/17/american-sniper-chris-kyle-rifles/

His Favorite Post-Service Rifle
When you’re in service, you don’t get a lot of choices for which rifle you use. They’re issued to you, and you use them. Kyle was obviously proficient with any rifle you put in his hands. But, the question that is interesting to me is “What did a rifle expert like Chris Kyle choose to shoot after he retired from active service and could pick anything he wanted?” He gives us the answer in his book:

“Since I’m talking about guns, I’ll mention that my current favorites are the weapons systems made by GA Precision, a very small company started in 1999 by George Gardner. He and his staff pay close attention to every detail, and his weapons are just awesome. I didn’t get a chance to try one until I got out of the service, but now they’re what I use.”

I contacted George Gardner, and asked for more specifics of the rifle that he built for Kyle. George said Kyle was referring to his GA Precision Gladius chambered in 308, and he sent me this photo of Kyle holding his GAP rifle.

Chris Kyle with GA Precision GAP Gladius

Gardner said Kyle’s rifle was a standard Gladius, although “standard” is a poor adjective for such a rifle. It is a tackdriver, and GAP guarantees the rifle to shoot 1/2 MOA groups or better with match-grade factory ammo.

Chris Kyle GA Precision GAP Gladius-Rifle

You can see in the photos, Kyle continued to use Nightforce scopes as well. However, I was able to zoom into one of the the photos of Kyle with his rifle and see that the lowest power was 5x … not 5.5 or 8. That means it’s likely a Nightforce ATACR 5-25×56 scope topping his GAP Gladius.

Closeup of GAP Gladius Nightforce Scope

Chris Kyle with GAP Rifle

You can see in the photo a box a Black Hills Match ammo. Kyle says in his book, that while he was in service “Our rounds were match-grade ammo bought from Black Hills, which makes probably the best sniper ammo around.” That’s quite a statement coming from Chris Kyle. He obviously believed that, because it looks like he continued to use Black Hills ammo even as a civilian.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jkbulldogg:
View Quote
I've owned a Gladius for 1-2 years now... love it! May actually sell off my Accuracy International AXMC since I usually grab the Gladius instead!

I thought Chris Kyle had great taste when his book mentions how he likes the Springfield TRP Operator as his favorite handgun. I already owned and loved that gun so I really perked up when he mentioned the Gladius being his favorite rifle!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I've handled their rifles but not shot them. Very nice but unless you need a lightweight or a weird caliber I can't understand why someone would pick one over a factory rifle in the same price range.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:07:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot a fellow range members that's in .260.

To be honest I was more excited about trying out the scope he had (vortex 4.5-27 razor 2).

Hit the plates at 750 with it.

Didn't realize the price tag they have.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Rock in 2002- sent in my own action from a tear down, pawn shop 700, very basic rifle as I was pretty poor at the time and just starting to get into precision shooting etc.... It was re barreled in 2008 and again last year. Solid rifle all the way around. Mine shoots 1/2 minute with a couple different loads, always has. I got over 7,000 rounds out of the first barrel- Krieger I want to say, next barrel was an Obermeyer, went out after about 8500 rounds. Now it wears a Bartlein.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jkbulldogg:
View Quote
A buddy of mine owns one. I shot his and shot my first ever sub MOA group. Mind you, the rifle was set up for him, not me. He is much smaller than me so it was hard for me to get comfy behind the rifle, but I was able to do it. I'm now saving to get one. He also has a GAP 10. That's a good rifle too. I'll post some pics when I get a chance!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The first group, IIRC, I shot with his GAP 10. The second I shot with his Gladius.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had mine for 15 years.

Of all the rifles that I have shot, I would chose this one if one of my family members' life depended on me making the shot.

I can think of no higher praise.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
I have had mine for 15 years.

Of all the rifles that I have shot, I would chose this one if one of my family members' life depended on me making the shot.

I can think of no higher praise.  
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
308 GAP10 owner here. The rifle is more accurate than I am. I was like 'meh' until a police sniper asked to shoot it as he was considering recommending it for his department. Very, scary accurate in the hands of a capable shooter.

I am also impressed with the feed reliability when I do use a mag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Desperado:

http://2poqx8tjzgi65olp24je4x4n.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/chris-kyle-with-gap-rifle1.jpg?w=645
Chris Kyle with GAP Rifle

You can see in the photo a box a Black Hills Match ammo. Kyle says in his book, that while he was in service “Our rounds were match-grade ammo bought from Black Hills, which makes probably the best sniper ammo around.” That’s quite a statement coming from Chris Kyle. He obviously believed that, because it looks like he continued to use Black Hills ammo even as a civilian.
View Quote
If that's a .308, why is there a Black Hill .223 box?  Identical trainer?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By editedforsafety:

If that's a .308, why is there a Black Hill .223 box?  Identical trainer?
View Quote
I've never noticed that before. The rifle is most definitely a .308. The casings and rounds in the picture are .308 as well. I'm sure someone just messed up and placed the wrong box for the picture.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pugilist] [#17]
Amazing rifles... someday...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Really friendly and awesome dude.

I had talked to him a bit when I was a younger snot nose in college.   I was talking to him through email when he learned I live in the same town as a family member of his.   Next thing I know we are chatting on the phone.

This was back around 2003-2004.

His customer service and quality has always been reported as outstanding.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I shot my GAP Hospitaller in 6.5 Creedmoor this weekend and it was one hole at 100 yards. My son was able to shoot it well at 840 yards. I'll try to shoot 1,000 this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I've owned a GAP M40A3 and Crusader in .308. Fantastic rifles. Definitely worth the money and wait. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regency] [#21]
Originally Posted By FlyingBrass:
I shot my GAP Hospitaller in 6.5 Creedmoor this weekend and it was one hole at 100 yards. My son was able to shoot it well at 840 yards. I'll try to shoot 1,000 this weekend.
View Quote
It looks like you must have ordered a few weeks before me.

My new custom Hospitaller is in the mail right now.  I'll post pics when it gets here 

1,000yds will not be hard if very little wind.  If you want to discourage yourself... try 1,200yds 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top