Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2017 9:39:42 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the slot and hook style plate and hanger setups?  

I am looking at a couple different options and I can't decide on these or the carriage bolt mounted plates.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't used the hook and slot, I am currently using strips of conveyor belt on some, and grade 8, 5/16" chain on others.  Both are attached using 1/2" grade 8 bolts.  No problems with either so far, the chain will last longer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I use old fire hose.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been using conveyor belting or mudflaps, but wanted something that I could put up and take down easier.  

I was planning to leave the T posts and take the steel and hangers home.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The ones Big Dog Steel makes work very well.  I've seen them get hammered and not have any failure.  I was at a match this fall where each stage was run two days in a row with a lot of rounds and they didn't have a single target failure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on the size of your targets.  I have some steel gongs that vary in size (up to 10") and I hang them on a shepherds hook. Quick, cheap, and easy, and it works great.  push the hook in the ground and hang the steel from it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ICantShoot:
Depends on the size of your targets.  I have some steel gongs that vary in size (up to 10") and I hang them on a shepherds hook. Quick, cheap, and easy, and it works great.  push the hook in the ground and hang the steel from it.
View Quote
do they ever jump off the hook?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalTrojanSoldier] [#8]
I use the GT target static steel caps and their steel targets. 

http://www.gttargets.com/PistolTargets.html

If that is what you mean they are great and do not hop off.  They sit on top of 2x4's and work great.  

Also unlike in the picture it actually angles down so the splash tends to travel down.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang Fast targets is awesome for t-post hangers
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got some hangfast units very nice testing today
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smaddox:
do they ever jump off the hook?
View Quote
I do the same and yes they can, especially smaller 2" gongs. But the way to fix that is Use a vise and close the hook a bit. 

The downside of shepherds hooks though is if you have mediocre shooters they will miss a 6" gong and completely wreck a 3/8" rod with regularity. So I limit who gets to shoot my plates on the shepherds hooks. It is a hugely convenient way to transport and set up gongs though. As long as the morons can manage to miss entirely or actually hit the plate then they last a very long time. 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]
tire scrap or firehose

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top