Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 7:38:13 PM EDT

Amazing shooting — that’s how we’d describe what Ed Connors accomplished recently with his Speedy-built .338 Lapua Magnum LR rifle. Ed nailed a 3-shot group at 2160 yards that would be great at 1000 yards. Check out the target above. Now consider that the shooter was a full mile PLUS 400 yards away. That is truly remarkable accuracy.

At this distance, 2160 yards, one MOA is 22.61?. This three-consecutive-shot group, measuring about 8 inches, works out to less than 3/8 MOA. Think about that — most guys would be elated to shoot 3/8 MOA at two hundred yards. Ed did that at over two thousand yards!
That takes a great rifle, as well as great ammo. Ed says: “I believe in loading like a benchrest shooter to achieve these ultra long-range shots”.
View Quote

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Now thats sweet. Can't wait to find my load for my 338LM. Then its practice allot to try the 1 mile shot. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
can we get some specs on that rifle?  how long is that barrel.  scope used etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:45:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
can we get some specs on that rifle?  how long is that barrel.  scope used etc.
View Quote

According to the article:
– .338 LM Rifle built by SG Rifles, LLC
– Surgeon Rifles Action (blueprinted by Speedy)
– Jewell Trigger (blueprinted by Speedy)
– McMillan Fiberglass Stock
– Nightforce 5-25x56mm ATACR Scope
– Bartlein 1:9-twist 32 inch Barrel, Speedy contour
– Amer. Prec. Arms “Fat Bastard” Muzzle Brake
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, that's really good.  I'm having my .338 rebarreled to an improved.  Thought I might be going for 34" but 32 does that fine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Great shooting but not sure they they added the comment about how others would feel shooting 3/8 MOA at 200 yards. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top