Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 11:05:35 AM EDT
I have IMI 62 grain $0.36 a shot, I have PMC 62 grain x-tac I think 66 mean $0.36 a shot, I have GGG 62 grain $0.32 a shot, I have Magtech 62 grain for $0.32 a shot. Which one do you think will have the best case for reloading. And also this may sound dumb but 556 Factory loads like I have when I load them to 223 specs they should be alright to shoot in a Savage bolt action gun. It is in two to three. Thanks very much for any thoughts y'all have on this
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've mostly reloaded PMC 223 brass 'cuz the 55gr factory loads were the cheapest I could find for my AR before I started reloading this caliber. Also loaded a fair amount of IMI bought as "once fired". Both held up well for me. If cost were the same I'd probably choose the PMC because I've used more of it more times. But I certainly wouldn't avoid the IMI.

Using mixed headstamps usually isn't the best approach for precision, but everyone's goals are different. Note that in my experience the loads for PMC and IMI cases needed to be slightly different to achieve the same results.

No experience with the other two types you mentioned.

For the bolt action, its hard to beat Lapua brass . . . but the PMC brass did OK out of my Sako bolt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
IMI and PMC are good to go. I've never heard of GG&G and MaTech is Brazilian (I think).

Weigh the empty unprimed cases so you don't get surprised when reloading them. Most USA resized, deprimed and trimmed brass weighs around 93 grains +/- 1.5 grains. If any of your brass is a lot heavier than this it will need a lower powder charge. I purchased Portugal surplus M193 in the 1980's that weighed 104 grains empty and unprimed.! I used a 1.0 whole grain powder reduction on an already modest load when using them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top