Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2017 2:12:12 AM EDT
In my area I've noticed that Wal-Mart has increased their powder prices by about 1.00 to 1.50 across the board. Not that it's the prime source for powder. But when things were scarce they kept me loaded with 4064 and H1000. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this elsewhere? To be honest I dont pay enough attention to online prices as of late, due to not needing to place an order.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
ive only ever seen one walmart sell smokeless powder.

oddly enough, it was in WV. Right next door to cabela's.

that being said there is so much fluctuation in powder prices these days its just a crap shoot.
depends on how bad you really want it.
But I would not be surprised if prices went up, sierra raised prices on every bullet they make not long ago.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I did notice the Sierra increase. Honestly I have a hard time buying Sierra bullets anymore because of the price. I started shooting alot of Hornady stuff and I have been satisfied. Although the TMK's look sweet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Manufactures only raise prices once a year.
Some go into effect at different times
Nosler price changes go into effect in decemeber for the following year
Redding prices do not go into effect till Feb, so they can write orders at the SHOT show at old prices
Hornady changes prices at first of calendar year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top