Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 12:55:54 PM EDT
Hi,
Just bought a New to me RCBS pro 2000.  Wonder if there are any users here and would like to here what you think of it. Pros and Cons
Thanks
Doug
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Might try the main reloading forum

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/42_Reloading.html

Its a pretty obscure press. Dillon, lee, and Hornady are all much more prevalent. Its the only main line progressive I have never used or even seen in person.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It is has been replaced in the RCBS line with the ProChucker.
As with many things RCBS their progressive presses are not the best to have.  A lot of tinkering! Almost as bad as Lee Progressive Presses!
And, so there is no product support once DC'D.

Cheap is not always better value!  Hope you like to tinker!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:45:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had one since they first came out.  I bought it so I could continue to use the shell plates I had on hand from my Piggy-back press.

I've loaded untold thousands of handgun ammo of different calibers.  Easy and fast to change calibers.  Easy to adjust powder measure.  Reliable, and if you need it RCBS customer service is great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rn22723] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroE:
That comment above is nonsense.
View Quote
That is your opinion! And, unfortunately for you it is the minority!  And, you admit that mods need to be made! HA!  Speaks volumes in and of itself!
If you want something that works out of the box, there are better choices!  

Let me recount the disasters of RCBS Progressive presses....Shall we say Green Machine?  4X4 Piggyback, Pro 2000

That press is a tinker's dream!

The problem when people get something cheap or given to them is there is more to the story.

Not every reloader has the patience to tinker and fiddle fart around trying to make something work.  And, for the newbie reloader it is a nightmare.  They need experience success not frustration!
Argue that point will you!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Fellows,
Thanks for the opinions. Didn't ask to start a spirited debate. Every one is entitled to his or her opinions. If we all liked the same thing this would be a boring life. I have been reloading since 1974 and do consider myself an experienced handloader. Got the 2000 mounted yesterday and hopefully soon will be tinkerering away  LOL. Have read all instructions and don't see any problems yet. May be better choices (at least in some folks eyes) for sure. But then that is probably true for all home reloading set ups.
Thanks to all
Doug
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top