Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2017 12:22:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hinshelwood]
All,

Wanted to get some opinions on if this is a inherently bad idea. Bought some Norma brass and the mag belt was about 0.0005-0.001" taller than my blank cartridges I used to chamber the rifle. Due to this difference I could not close the bolt on these cartridge cases. Rather than toss them I made this jig:

It is a piece of 6061 1" aluminum "chambered" with a PTG reamer and the brass is held in place with the nylon set screw. I would then face 0.0005-0.001" off the base of the cartridge. Now the Norma Brass will chamber in the rifle. Anyone have an issue with this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Will the primer still go below flush?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
Will the primer still go below flush?
View Quote
It would if he uses a primer pocket uniformer.
But primers should be 0.002 - 0.003 below the base anyway, so taking 0.0005-0.001 would not be "that much".
Still, using the primer pocket uniformer rids the problem.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you fix your chamber. that's the right way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top