Great video, thanks

Vince
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm only five minutes into it, but that makes F-T/R look like a rimfire match

Thanks Penguin for posting that
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I think GRS stocks ride this amazingly thin line between absolutely excellent looks and function.  Most stocks fall solidly on either side of that line.  Either way, great video.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool video
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool video
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of action is that? You just pull straight back, there is no bolt lift?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
It's a German Blaser. Pricey, switch barrel, the magazine and trigger are a unit. You pull out the magazine, trigger assembly and change the mag, which is basically an internal mag. You pull straight back to work the action. The safety is a decocker. I think euro gun laws make it appealing to have one gun with multipl barrels. Barrels are also expensive. Scope mounts to the barrel and has expensive return to zero mounts. I think they're mostly rich guy hunt in Africa guns. Kind of want.
View Quote

I had a professional in .308 and it shot like crazy, like .4 inch group good.

I sold it to fund NFA stuff, which is more important for me at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thomps33] [#11]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
It's a German Blaser. Pricey, switch barrel, the magazine and trigger are a unit. You pull out the magazine, trigger assembly and change the mag, which is basically an internal mag. You pull straight back to work the action. The safety is a decocker. I think euro gun laws make it appealing to have one gun with multipl barrels. Barrels are also expensive. Scope mounts to the barrel and has expensive return to zero mounts. I think they're mostly rich guy hunt in Africa guns. Kind of want.
View Quote

I went and looked up the brand and watched their videos. Neat innovative action and switch barrel design. Then I went to eurooptic $2k-$3kstocks. $1k-$2k barrels. Action, FCG, bolt heads, and magazines that will total $2k. You weren't kidding about pricey. I'll put it in the cool but not buying category. Sweet video though!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool video, and some good shooting.

I kept expecting some Viking ships to come into view but I have been binge watching Vikings so there is that....
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:23:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#13]
Very interesting, the bipod that's being used is a Sako, you can see it @ 9:42.  That's interesting to me because I own one and it has a propriety mounting system exclusive to Sako TRG stocks, and that is not a TRG stock.

I looked at all the Blaser bipods and that isn't included.   Anyone who owns a Sako bipod would love to use it on other stocks also, somehow the people who did the video have figured out how to do just that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 50-140:
Very interesting, the bipod that's being used is a Sako, you can see it @ 9:42.  That's interesting to me because I own one and it has a propriety mounting system exclusive to Sako TRG stocks, and that is not a TRG stock.

I looked at all the Blaser bipods and that isn't included.   Anyone who owns a Sako bipod would love to use it on other stocks also, somehow the people who did the video have figured out how to do just that.
View Quote

Also @ 5:27
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
a quick heads up,

EuroOptic has just announced they will be distributing GRS stocks
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#16]
838 meters at a 20 - 30 degree down slope on a rubber ducky?  

Those dudes know how to shoot!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Very cool video!  Must be nice to have that much space to shoot.  They set some really cool shots up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 50-140:

View Quote
Its actually a Rifle Precision System bipod. Its a TRG style bipod that uses a versa-pod mount

https://rifle-precision-system.com/shop-2.ehtml#/products/rps-bipod-mkii.html

Also here is the youtube channel of one of the guys in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sierra645/featured
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top