Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2016 11:02:57 AM EDT
Can anyone explain to me how this works. I watched the video and it seems so simple. But when I click the bullet holes it shows tiny BB size holes.
I have it listed at .308 for a cell pic of a target. I set distance at 100yards, but the holes are tiny. It shows 20+ MOA because of that, When all holes are touching.

This is the Free Version. Do I need to pay for the version to use it properly.

it seems like it cannot scale automatically. But if I need to set parameters, How do I do that? only settings I can change are distance and size of bullet

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to set the scale.
There is a "Set Reference" thing that you use to set a known measurement on the picture of the target.
So, on most targets, the boxes are 1", so you measure with that ruler 1".
It uses that measurement to set the scale and will size the holes correctly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
i tried that ruler icon. Becase my targets usually have 1inch squares. But nothing but BB sized bullet holes
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I take the ruler and hold left click and make a line from corner to corner on pic. But where or how do I input the 1 inch size??
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not the ruler. It's the first button, the "Set Reference" It's a line with a blue "X" at each end.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
NICE. I got it to work. But how do you save the files? its some odd format. I cannot open them to see the saved pic??
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It works. Now I am going to snapping pics all day at the ranges!!! I appreciate your help. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
when I take the picture I put a quarter in the picture and make sure the quarter is square to the camera.  quarters are .955 inches in diameter so I have a reference.  this works with any coin and then just lookup the diameter measurement.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Beachhead0:
when I take the picture I put a quarter in the picture and make sure the quarter is square to the camera.  quarters are .955 inches in diameter so I have a reference.  this works with any coin and then just lookup the diameter measurement.
View Quote

I just use a photo scale, it's a small plastic ruler used for referencing sizes in photographs.  It also makes a dandy bookmark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top