Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2012 7:30:20 PM EDT
Just a few newb questions. What is the best bow to get, compound or recurve? Best arrow/broad head? Best kind of
Lights for the boat....any general insight you can offer would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Oneida ospreys are great bows !
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Go get a PSE discovery 2, they are $180 new from PSE or any PSE dealer. (I have Gander Mtn order mine in and the are $179.99)

You want a low poundage minimum leftoff bow with a short ata for moveability, I have 2 of the discovery 2's and I wouldn't trade them for a thing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
PSE Kingfisher with an AMS Retriever reel. Whisker bisquit. For night fishing we mount Surefire or similar lights on our bows. Works very well and cuts down on the number of bugs I have to eat.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hard to beat the Oneida bows, cables are hid in riser so less chance of a hang up. Recurves are great, but less cast than a compound. Ams retriever reel cannot be beat. All arrows for bow fishing are heavy fiberglass, never substitute hunting arrows, could be the last time you bowfish! Always use a polymer safety slide, there have been a few people who tied to the back of an arrow and didn't live to tell how stupid that was. Please do the due diligence to inform yourself. Heres a good place to start http://www.bowfishingassociation.com/baa/Home.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top