Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2012 2:17:19 AM EDT
My son has caught the bowfishing bug.  He rates it in his top 10 outdoor experiences.  He's been borrowing his buddy's rigs when they go out.  1 is a compound & 1 a recurve.

I've got an old Shakespeare recurve that I used a couple of times on deer.  I no longer use this bow; so I thought I'd give it to my son for his new interest.  The  draw weight (60lbs) may be heavy for a full night of carp & gar, but I think he could get by until he buys 1 that really works for him.  This bow is not a take-down & is set up right now to shoot off the shelf.

What I want to know is what kind of reel should I look at putting on it?   And how does it attach?  I would lean toward a reel that could be switched to another bow when he buys his own.

If this site helps me with this as much as ARFCOM helped me with my rifle build, these questions will be easy.

Thanks Much
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You can make an epoxy rest on your "shelf". If you have a stabilizer hole a piece of allthread or a stabilizer and a Zebco 808 is great to hunt with. 60 is a bit heavy but you only need about half of that to arrow fish and can snap shoot it easily. Do it. Couple arrows with safety slides and an 808 would be about $30 or so.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
my first bow fishing was with my brother using a recurve he built, brings back memories
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top