Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 6:24:24 AM EDT
Ive got the urge to get a longbow and my draw length is 29 inches, as Im close to 6'1 with fairly long arms.  Most longbows I see have 28" draw length.  Can I just expect to not pull to a full draw?  Say, to the front part of my chin instead of my cheek?  Also, ive been meaning to make my own bow, but for the sake of time I might end up buying one and definitely not a 100# warbow :)
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#1]
28" is the standard length for measuring the draw weight. With a longbow or recurve (non-compound bow) you can pull it further but the weight will be heavier than marked.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Bows at some point stack (draw weight curve becomes much steeper) but 29" won't be a problem for a longbow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top