Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 9:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy]
I am not knew to Archery but have been away for a long time.

I shot a lot with my dad when I was a Kid and decided to get my Family into it.

We set up a foam target and were practicing today.

For the little guys (5,7 & 7 we got the cheap walmart bows to make sure they like it before moving on to a more pricey bow.

My question on bow storage

Strung or unstrung storage?

Horizontal or vertical?

Mine is a take down recurve

The 2 long bows and a compound

There is so much contrasting info out there

Here's a the target we set up so far

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I store mine horizontal on a rack. If I'm going to be shooting again the following day I leave it strung. If it is going to be several days I unstring it. Just use a good stringer and pay attention to what you are doing. People twist limbs by not using stringers or using poor ones and not checking their setup before the pull.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dbd870:

I store mine horizontal on a rack. If I'm going to be shooting again the following day I leave it strung. If it is going to be several days I unstring it. Just use a good stringer and pay attention to what you are doing. People twist limbs by not using stringers or using poor ones and not checking their setup before the pull.
View Quote
You have a recommendation on which stringer to get?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]

This is what I use but they are no so easy to find - last time I saw them for sale was at Cloverdale annual shoot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm the same.  If I'm shooting the next day, I leave it strung.  If it's going to be more than 24 hours, I'll unstring it.  

When I store it, it sits on a shelf.  This a Damon Howatt Hunter recurve one-piece.  

I also have a Mongolian horse bow that I treat the same way.  

As far as stringing, I use a stringer for my Damon Howatt.  It's a string with two heavy plastic, well, cups for lack of a better term, on each end.  

The Mongolian bow I use the old around the leg method as that was what the manufacturer suggested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top