Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 9:41:51 PM EDT
I am shooting a 50# Bear Grizzly recurve and am unsure as to what arrow I should be shooting.  I am a complete novice at archery, never picked up a bow until I got this one about a month ago.  I have been using cedar arrows in the 45-55 spine rating.  I also have some 2018 Easton Traditionals (aluminum).  I am thinking of trying carbons, but its all greek to me and I don't want to waste money.  Any of you guys shooting a Bear Grizzly?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Will be changing to an early 70's Grizzly as soon as bow season is over. I'm starting out with xx75's with 5" feathers. Need to know what your draw length is and arrow length want to use (1" past front of shelf when drawn is a good starting point). If you have heads you want to start with then need to know the weight there as well. If you plan to hunt with it then then around 10gr/lb of draw weight is a good place to start for over all arrow weight. Those 2018's may work OK, wood arrows as well. Really need the rest of that info to say for sure.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dbd870:
Will be changing to an early 70's Grizzly as soon as bow season is over. I'm starting out with xx75's with 5" feathers. Need to know what your draw length is and arrow length want to use (1" past front of shelf when drawn is a good starting point). If you have heads you want to start with then need to know the weight there as well. If you plan to hunt with it then then around 10gr/lb of draw weight is a good place to start for over all arrow weight. Those 2018's may work OK, wood arrows as well. Really need the rest of that info to say for sure.
View Quote

My draw length is 28" and my arrow length is 30".  The heads I am using are 125 grain Zwickey Eskimos.
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Using a dynamic spine program I found on line both of the arrows are just a little soft with 125gr points but fall right in with 100gr points. I think I'd try them as is and see how they fly, you're not that far out. If you are having issues then you could try some 100gr points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top