Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2012 3:39:26 PM EDT
Hi guys, I'm new to archery, mostly clueless.  I've done some reading, but needless to say I'm at a crossroads.  My uncle gave me a Damon Howatt recurve and best I can tell they're supposed to be pretty good.  Anyhow I needed to get arrows and a stringer so I headed over to Cabela's.  The guy that helped me showed me how a stringer works, simple enough.  Then on to the arrows...the issue then came from it being a RH bow and I'm left handed.  At that point he showed me how dangerous it can be to shoot left handed on a right handed bow since he himself was left handed.  Needless to say at that point he took back the items, returned my bow to me and sent me on the way without selling me the items.

My question is: is this accurate?  I feel like my options are to sell it, do it anyway, or try to learn to shoot right handed.  My right arm is weaker so I thought about buying a cheap 30# recurve until I get used to it then use my current bow as its a 50#.  Any thoughts or advice or even other forums where I could get the best response please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Coming here to reply on your GD post....so what did you end up getting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top