Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2012 11:52:33 PM EDT
I caught pneumonia the end of july by the end of august  infection spread out of my lung.

Wound up having surgery still out with. 15 lb lifting limit.  No bow hunting this year :-( but at least I an alive pretty scary stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Good trade one bow season for your life! Get feeling better.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good trade one bow season for your life! Get feeling better.  

Lol that's one way to look at it. Still sucks im told that I will regain almost all of my lung function but it will take time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I had c5/c6 fused in my neck two months before elk season, but still shot the bow starting 7 weeks after the surgery, wasn't going to miss out on elk hunting
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had c5/c6 fused in my neck two months before elk season, but still shot the bow starting 7 weeks after the surgery, wasn't going to miss out on elk hunting

Bow season is 6 weeks long. I got out of the hospital on 5th day of season. By the time I can draw my bow season will be over.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Camp cook?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bow season is 6 weeks long. I got out of the hospital on 5th day of season. By the time I can draw my bow season will be over.

Yep, I understand that, certain times you just can't get away from it, I have MS also, so hunting is a challenge to start with
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as your alive there will be a bow season next year. Take the coming months to get back to full strength and practice.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only six weeks? Wow, that's crazy.

Hope you heal up quickly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 2:31:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I feel for you!  I lost my entire hunting season as well -- archery and rifle.  I ended up having torn cartilage in my wrist that was operated on in mid-October.  9 weeks with the arm immobilized above the elbow, then therapy.  I haven't been to work since 10/17, and I won't be back until 1/14.  Antlerless season ends on 1/31, but I won't have time to get my bow sighted in.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as your alive there will be a bow season next year. Take the coming months to get back to full strength and practice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel for you, I had rotator cuff surgery in September. My season is done too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top