Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2012 4:27:05 PM EDT
Well this will be my first year bow hunting.  My usual set up won't allow me to draw.  Anyone able to recommend one a hundred or less.
Link Posted: 8/11/2012 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]

I killed a three year old turkey this past Spring from one of these.

Practice setting up quitely and shoot from it into a target placed at various angles / distances.  You'll get the hang of it just fine.  Well worth the money although not as heavy and feature-rich as the Double Bull styles that are available.

Unless it is really windy, I don't stake anything down.  Makes for a fast and easy set.

Use your head with moving when the game is paying attention and they are quite effective too.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with a 3d type suit, that way you can sit in the bushes and remain hidden or go on the stalk.

If not, a natural blind is as cheap as you can get- just invest in a good pair of tree limb clippers and a good hand pruner, keep em in your bag, along with some camo duct tape and some rope/paracord.   Its amazing what you can set up with less than 40$.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the cabelas doghouse. I use a big metal porch chair in mine and have plenty of room to draw.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
this one is $100

I picked up the Primo's The Club XL on sale, (which it still is for $129.99), this week. I set it up in the living room and I think I will really like this one. Plenty of room, roof vent for when it is warm, couple of pockets inside and easy to set up (lightweight too).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top