Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2013 12:29:17 AM EDT
i need some help looking for arrows that will last... i have the money for Expensive arrows but don't know what to buy or are they worth the extra money.... thoughts opinions and pictures are appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the $64,000 question. I honestly believe most carbon arrows are pretty similar performance wise for the same money among all the different brands.  I'm on a bow lease with two other guys, and we all shoot different brand arrows. I shoot Goldtip Pro Hunters and the others shoot Easton carbon injexion and carbon express maxima hunters. The only thing I have noticed during practice is that the carbon injexions do penetrate deeper. My bow is about 15 fps faster than the guy with the carbon injexions, and his arrows always penetrate deeper on the glendel target when we practice. I have had great luck with my pro hunters. They are very durable and very accurate.  

Most people will tell you to buy whatever is on sale.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I am partial to Easton Bloodlines just for the accuracy and speed they give.  Plus they are priced incredibly low.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:
I am partial to Easton Bloodlines just for the accuracy and speed they give.  Plus they are priced incredibly low.
View Quote

I've ran Easton bloodlines for a couple years. I've broke a couple by way of rocks but for the most part I'm happy with them. I hear a lot of good about gold tips too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had great luck with Carbon Express 3d selects. I have shot 5 deer with the same arrow over the years and have only broke 2 out of 12 arrows in 8 years  My uncle uses Gold tip hunters and breaks almost every arrow he shoots. It does not matter if he hits a deer or misses. Sometimes his arrow nock is still attached to his string after the arrow is gone as well.  I call him Chief broken arrow
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

I've ran Easton bloodlines for a couple years. I've broke a couple by way of rocks but for the most part I'm happy with them. I hear a lot of good about gold tips too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:

I shoot Bloodlines too, great arrows, I've never had an issue with them. I have a batch that's a year old, refletched a few times and still going strong. Even though there is nothing wrong with my Bloodlines, I'll be trying out out some Injexion or FMJ arrows soon.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using bloodlines.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
How do I know what size and weight though?

(Came to ask the same question as the op, glad I'm not alone)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Eject:

View Quote

What is your setup? Draw length/type of release/type of bow/grain of broadhead/draw weight,  it all matters.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By j1r11:

What is your setup? Draw length/type of release/type of bow/grain of broadhead/draw weight,  it all matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j1r11:
Originally Posted By Eject:

Thanks for looking out, but found some info online.

I ended up getting Easton bloodlines with 100 grain fixed broad heads (and field points). Hope that fit.

Btw, for now its a 50lbs pull, 31 inch draw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top