Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2012 5:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach]
I just bought a trophy ridge micro alpha V5. Not sure if I am going to keep it.

I like the micro adjusting.

I like the variable LED light

I like the vertical pins, I think

I like the big bubble. Helps me to not forget to look at it.

Not sure I like 5 pins. To zero the 5th pin at 50, the 10 yard pin has to be very high in the sight.

Seems a bit heavy and not sure I need it ti stick out so far from the bow, it is adjustable length wise.

I wish it came in cammo, but it only comes in black.

Any advice. Does trophy ridge make decent sights?

http://www.trophyridge.com/bow-sights/v5-vertical-inline-pin

I have noticed while playing with it, my accuracy seems to be very noticeably different depending on how far or close the sight sits away from the riser. Is that normal? Is that why it is adjustable?

Is this a hunting sight or a target sight?
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a 5 pin for hunting - never had a problem. If it works for you go for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 10:30:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#3]
Well after shooting it for a few hours over 2 days and sighting it in, I really like it.

I really like the vertical pins a lot. Makes my eye see the bubble and aiming seems simpler for my brain.

I like having 5 pins including a 10 yard. It is a no brainer for my brain.

I like being able to practice on 3 D targets at 50 yards. It already makes 30 Groups much tighter. I starting touch arrows at 30 yards. I don't want to ruin arrows so 30 and closer I only shoot 2 at a time. At 10 only one in a group.

The micro adjustments made sighting it in very fast. Even the pins micro adjust up and down for range.

I was practicing on the 3 D range and had a great time threading arrows through the trees.

Part of my accuracy improvement is a new release. I picked up a single cam Scott Itty Bitty Goose . The difference between that and the one I was using is night and day.

Can't wate till opening day.

Thanks for the advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top