Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 2/3/2016 4:50:29 PM EDT
I am looking for a recurve bow.  Something traditional looking, maybe even a longbow.  I want something between 40-50#.  I'm 5'8 and have a 69" armspan.  I have a 64" recurve bow, and it is awkward when I draw it back.  I'm not sure if 66" would be long enough or whether I need to go up to a 68".

I'm not really set on a budget right now.  What is the cheapest I could go for a decent bow that wasn't made in China or some third world shithole?  What additional value do bows provide as they increase in price?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy Chek Mate bows almost exclusively. Hand Made and they work well. I have owned both recurve and longbow made by them. Take down and not, yew and maple. 50#@28" all the way up to 70#@28"

I love traditional archery.

I can I'm you the name of a shop that will set you up with bow. Tip protector flemmish string.

I think I paid $450cdn for my newest recurve
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean by awkward?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you mean by awkward?
View Quote

Wondering this as well.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top