Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:48:18 PM EDT
My father recently passed away and I have a couple of older bows I don't need. One is a Bear pronghorn hunter (very nice looking bow) and an oneida eagle (recurve compound thingy).  Just curious if anyone has an idea what I can get for them, best place to look for selling them? Pawn shop? There really isn't an archery shop around here except a very small one and I doubt he would want a few wall decorations.

Places and direction  to go,

Thanks

Indy
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The resale for older compound bows is pretty rough. Your best bet is to list them on eBay or Archerytalk.com. A pawn shop is going to beat you up on them, and the archery shops probably aren't going to want to do anything with them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really worth much.  My bowshop would not buy those unless they had a need for parts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bear isn't worth much unless someone is looking for parts probably.  The Oneida however does have somewhat of a cult following to some people.

I think that "The Arrow" tv show used an Oneida Kestral or something like that during one season.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Put em on EE or something im sure you can get something for them.

ETA: Googled the Bear looks like one sold on EBay recently for pretty cheap like 25 bucks.

Id say just keep it and have the memories if any were attached to it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep keep them . They dont take up much room ,and on archery sites there IS interest in these bows.
SOMEDAY a nostalgia thing will come along ....

Look them up on an archery site and see just what year it was made.

THEN string it up and go shooting!

Gary
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
shipping would probably cost about half what those bows are worth. When my buddy had his archery shop older bows like that would be put on the "carp bow" rack.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Or give them to young nephews to shoot if the bows will fit them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The eagle has value as a carp slayer lot of bowfishers use them
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top