Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:22:11 PM EDT
I am looking into getting into archery hunting for deer in GA and MO.  I have looked around at shops in the augusta area and the shop that everyone recommended to me has suggested a Bear Attitude RTH.  They also include the set up of the bow to me and teach me to shoot it on their indoor range.  Is this a solid bow for a beginner on a budget?  If not what are your recommendations?  Thank you for your assistance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your budget?

I shoot a Mathews and really enjoy it. It's not as fast as some other makers, but it's smooth as silk.

Honestly though, it's hard to find a crappy bow made by most major manufacturers these days.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Our recommendations are worthless; try as many as you can and see what works for you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our recommendations are worthless; try as many as you can and see what works for you.
View Quote

Indeed.  That's what I did.   Go to a archery shop, not bass pro.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I wound up picking up the Bear Attitude today.  I went with the recommended local shop and they went through and set the bow up to fit me and then gave me time on their range starting off with help and instruction to get the sights set and then on my form(or lack there of).  After they got me close and some stuff to work on they turned me loose to practice as long as I wanted.  I wound up getting a couple decent groups at 20 yards which I was proud of for my first time shooting a nicer bow.  Now, I am onto getting ready for deer season.  I am newer to this section so let me know if I should start a new thread or not.  I am looking for things to work on to get me ready for this deer season.  I will be shooting my bow a lot and figuring out the drop for distances.  What else should I be working on to get ready for my first archery season?  Thank you all for your help.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of hunting are you going to do? Ground blind, stand blind, stalking etc. I'd start out with some decent camo and look into some type of scent block. Also, make sure you practice like you intent to hunt, ie if you're going to hunt seated in a blind, practice shooting from a seated position. If you plan on keeping extra arrows in a bow mounted quiver, then practice that way. Invest wisely in broad heads. I've found that expensive broad heads aren't always better.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top