Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 7/31/2015 12:10:45 AM EDT
I am a lifelong hunter, but never had much interest in archery until my brother picked it up a few years ago.  When I decided to jump into the game, I started shooting as many different bows as I could, listening with a grain of salt to what everyone told me, and not looking at price tags.  I simply wanted the most comfortable, accurate bow I could find with the intention of not turning around in 2 years and upgrading.  I was really close to buying an Elite Synergy, but hands down, I bought the Matthews No Cam.

I understand that it is not a speed bow, but I walked out to zero it having shot fewer than 200 arrows in my life and stacked the first 4 shots at 20 yards.  I could hear them hitting each other.

I share this for anyone out there who is not into this yet because I truly approached the process without any bias.  My brother is a Hoyt man, and I have a friend who is sponsored by Bear.  I was determined to make my decision shooting all these bows side by side with my eyes closed trying to FEEL the differences.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

FWIW, the speed bow I liked was the PSE Decree.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the No Cam purchase.
Mathews hit a home run with this bow, very accurate, very quiet, smooth draw and solid back wall. It's very easy to shoot accurately and a 330 IBO rating is still in the upper half of 2015s master speed rating list.
Like all other products, there are fans and haters but this is truly a bow that needs to be shot to be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same... had friends telling me which bows to get and to avoid... I shot a lot of bows at different shops. Bear, PSE, Hoyt, Bowtech etc etc....

brought home a Mission Blaze last week.... in... love....

Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top