Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2015 5:19:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new bow. Currently I'm shooting a Bear Mauler that's 2 years old which maxes out at 62#- no complaints. I hunt deer and elk. Before that I had PSE bows set a bit higher. My draw length is 28.5. Right now I'm down to just the one bow.

I just drew a moose tag, and I'm looking to pick up another bow anyway. I'll need to have at least another bow in case something screws up during hunting season- Moose tags are few and far between. I wanted to get something with a bit more draw weight, but not excessive.

So, make the rounds of the shops and shoot some bows, right? Here's the problem- I'm left handed. I also live in the ass end of nowhere. Nobody around here has much in the way of lefty bows in stock. My bowhunting buddies have advice, but I can't try their bows.

My neighbor, who has killed more elk than chronic wasting disease, swears by Matthews. In over thirty years I've shot only PSE and Bear. I've heard good things about Bowtech.

I'm thinking about a Bowtech Carbon Knight. Any feedback? I've never used a dual cam bow, but this seems to be favored by hunters.

The only way I'm going to be able to try a bow is to buy it. The shops in the region don't have any in lefty to shoot, but they will order them for me. I'd as soon buy online and save money- I don't need them to set up my bow. So any advice from hunters would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
New Breed Archery.  You owe it to yourself to check them out.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top