Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 4/7/2015 9:04:08 PM EDT
Is anybody apart of the Archery Talk forum? I went to join up because I had a question about getting myself a new Hoyt and they made me have a parent or guardian fax in a paper saying I am of age. Sorry Archery Talk I am an adult the date of birth you asked for showed that.

My question is can any of you that are on that forum post for me or answer my question here.

I am looking at getting the Hoyt Nitrum 34 or turbo. My wingspan measures to 75" and by figuring out draw length that puts me at 30". I normally use a d loop for my release so I was looking at 29.5". I am not sure which cam I should go with the #2 or #3. The turbo I would have to go with a #3 cam but on the 34 I could get a #2 and be at the max length.

Anybody help me out here?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The only way to really know your length is have someone measure it. Probably best to go to a pro shop. If you know someone who KNOWS what they are doing that could work as well
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only way to really know your length is have someone measure it. Probably best to go to a pro shop. If you know someone who KNOWS what they are doing that could work as well
View Quote

I was able to figure it out and get onto archerytalk. Will be going with either the Nitrum 34 or Turbo with the #3 cam.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a Nitrum 30. I am a 29" draw. The cam I got is the 28-30" and I believe its the 2nd one. Sorry forgot which they called it.
Now for sure get your draw check. What I do is have someone stand sideways to a wall, then stretch their bow arm out, the one holding the bow, straight to the wall with your fist flat against it. Now have a slight bend in your arm cause nobody shoots straight armed and you want the bend like a shock absorber. SO then have someone measure from your fist against the wall, take the tape measure from the wall to the corner of your mouth. That's how I always come up with ones draw length.
I have a loop as well on mine and have it tied as small as I can so there is smallest gap from the string to the caliper head. Having a draw length too long is bad, its better to be short than long any day. You will have more control.
What I would do if you want to be certain, is go to a dealer with your release. Draw a 29" and a 30" both back. Honestly I don't know if they come in a half inch increment. But I would go draw those 2 draw lengths back and go from there.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top