Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:32:11 PM EDT
Noticed a vintage browning prep recurve in a pawn shop. I've got a couple vintage compound bows. Looking for a lighter draw weight for back yard practice. Will this be much lighter once pulled to 30 inches? (My draw length) It's marked 31 pounds but not at what length of pull. Not sure but guessing a 62 inch bow is safe to pull that far. Actually in good shape. Though hard to imagine given the storage conditions. Can buy for $45.

Quick pic.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
More quick pictures.

Last one shows a small ding in the handle. Some red paint scuffing that needs to come off.

Not sure what to use to clean this besides gentile as possible. Cause no harm. Needs a little cleaning up but nothing heavy handed.

Looking for a string. What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
After some reading the pound weight of pull is measured at 28 inches. The weight will increase a little over a pound per inch of additional pull. So I might be pulling just under 35 pounds.

Found a string and shot a few arrows this afternoon. Nice bow.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top