Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:37:53 PM EDT
The woman wants to get her first bow. This might not be such a dilemma for most.. but I don't own a bow and have never spent much time around them.

I have been looking at the Hoyt Ignite. I want her to have a good, quality bow but I don't want to buy something top of the line just yet until she practices and decides she wants to move forward.

Criteria:
- Adjustable draw weight and length (let her "grow into the bow")
- Quality brand
- Would be nice if it was a "package deal" with a decent "optic," rest, etc.

Camo, black, any reasonable color (not pink) is fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Let her go try as many as she can and see which one chooses her. Not a fan of the package bows; let her choose the sight etc that appeals to her. Any of the major brands will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my wife a Diamond Infinite Edge.
Adjustable draw length from 13-30 inches
Adjustable draw weight from 5-70 lbs.
She'll never outgrow it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Bowtech or Hoyt.  Both have excellent options.

Let the bow pick her not the other way around.

Do Not Go To a Big Box Store.  Go to a Pro Shop.

It will cost a bit more but they will take the time to set her up properly.

There is nothing more frustrating that trying to improve your form and accuracy while shooting a bow that does not fit you.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top