Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 10:43:20 PM EDT
Well, thanks to Amazon I am back in the archery game.

I missed the first round of deals, but it got me back to a bow shop where I pulled a bunch of them, and realized I needed an adjustable starter type bow to get up to speed- I was not going to pick right back up where I left off with the long gone Oneida.

So, I pulled the trigger on an Amazon bow package- came, and it was in the wrong hand RH/LH.

Tried, again, and got a damged bow.  It went back too.

The deals were drying up, and I thought I would be back at the archery shop.  

A Winchester deal popped up, I checked the specs, and liked the ATA, brace height, an adjustability (Laredo), so I gambled and pulled the trigger.  Made in USA- how bad could it be?

It came today.

Holllyyyy Shheeeet

It is gorgeous- it is not a carbon fiber Hoyt, but for what little I spent, I am IMPRESSED with fit and finish, weight, and pull.  It is nicer then some of the bows at the shop that are 3x the cost (err at least what I paid, <300)

It pulls so nice too- like an Elite, kinda buttery smooth.  It is not a shoulder socket stretcher like a PSE.  I had to double check the limbs very bottomed out, it felt like I was cheating.

Negative: Backwall is mushy; it does not have draw stops on this model, this came with the territory for a very adjustable inexpensive starter bow.  

I will build some arrows and post back after I get the rest and sight dialed.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Never even seen one - do let us know how it shoots for you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
i picked up an amazon deal on a winchester 31 quicksilver for 250 last night

it should be a nice upgrade from the old high country I have been shooting
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i picked up an amazon deal on a winchester 31 quicksilver for 250 last night

it should be a nice upgrade from the old high country I have been shooting
View Quote

I picked up the same one today for a little less.  I found a video on youtube with a good reveiw.  I am looking forward to playing with it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
comp bows are a pretty well established technology

I'm sure the Winchester was cribbed off something Fred Bear influenced

the weight and materials seem proper, mine is the 31 inch axle to axle version

i wanted a manueverable bow for carrying on my mountain bike
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top