Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 11/26/2014 1:25:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
well with u having some experience with traditional archery its not like you are a fresh beginer. Diamond bows are very nice for their price point. They are made by Bowtech so you get some of the advantages of the higher price technology. You could prob pick any compound and be fine. The fundamentals are the same, youll just be using a peep and sight and a release.,

J-
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Mission Riot package for my first bow hunting compound.  I've been very pleased.  Total package ran me around $600 from an archery pro store.  Not as good a deal as some online, but not terrible.  Frankly, I think any modern, entry level compound will do a good job for most bow hunting needs, and almost all the makers are introducing entry level bows that have a wide range of adjustability with regards to draw length and poundage.  I liked how I was able to step up the pull weight on my Riot.  I'm working with an old shoulder injury, so I knew I didn't want to start out with a 60# bow.  I was able to work up to 40# without pain.  I hunted this year with the bow at 40#, and it was plenty of power to put a Muzzy 3 Blade completely through a buck at 15 yards.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently got back into archery and got a Mathews Mission bow.  I am pleased with it.  I got a brand new previous year's model set up and tuned with a dozen arrows for about $400 at a local shop.  Right down the road from the Mathews factory.

Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top