Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 10/6/2014 9:07:26 PM EDT
CLICK ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have personal experience with this bow?

Also, what accessories should I get with it. I know finger gloves but is arm guard necessary?

Also, what arrows would I want (wood, fiberglass, carbon, alum)? Mainly looking at target shooting with about 1% chance id hunt with it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with that one. I prefer a glove but many like using a tab as well. I would need to know your draw length, point weight and what bow weight you are planning on buying for a recommendation on a specific arrow. For target use I'd probably go with a carbon arrow; they are the toughest of the bunch. Aluminum typically gives you a bit heavier arrow wihich is more important for hunting, which is why I went with them (that and that's what I shot as a teen when shooting recurves). Wood is more fragile, but there are plenty who choose it as to be more "fitting" for a traditional package. I and most trad shooters I know still use an arm guard. You shouldn't need one if your arrow is matched properly for your set up and you don't make any form mistakes...............like I said most of us still use one! You'll need some kind of a nock point; best to let a shop set it up for you or find someone who know how to do it until you learn for yourself. You'll need some way to carry your arrows. Don't know what kind of target shooting you want to do, I do 3D and find a pocket quiver to be convenient. Never done any field events so I'll have to let someone else cover that. I like a wrist strap but I'm a convert from compounds so I got used to them and still prefer to use one.

Oh yeah; you'll need a bow stringer as well; I prefer the ones that have a pocket on both ends.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CLICK ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have personal experience with this bow?

Also, what accessories should I get with it. I know finger gloves but is arm guard necessary?

Also, what arrows would I want (wood, fiberglass, carbon, alum)? Mainly looking at target shooting with about 1% chance id hunt with it.
View Quote

If you don't lock your arm you would probably be OK.

I never lock my arm and wear one anyway, due to just one experience I had many decades ago.

I use carbon arrows, just so I can change tips easily and are faster than aluminum. (remember F=mass* Velocity squared, Speed means far more than mass)

Also buy a Fletching tool as it's far cheaper to replace feathers than arrows.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top